Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

playing my 1st real HOI game...but now???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing my 1st real HOI game...but now???

Okay, so for the past couple of days I've been playing HOI with 1.05c. As Germany I had taken over or allied with all of Europe except the UK, Norway, and Sweden. I was also allied with Japan. Anyway, I was pushing my way through the USSR, trying for the annexation. I had all but two of the "point-worthy" provences when Japan decided to take one of them over. All of a sudden, I don't have the choice for puppet government anymore.

So I guess that my main question is can I still annex the USSR or do I have to take over all of those low infrastructure territories in order to get them out of my hair?

So far I've been having a great deal of fun. I've tried playing with other smaller countries before Germany, but it just seemed kind of lame (I want to be able to take over the world!!!! ) So the other question is, what other countries are good for world domination?

You and your ally have to own all provinces containing Victory Points, but not all provinces of the country. Be aware however, that it can be quite difficult to decide which provinces have this, because the colour of USSR are alike the colour of VP-stars.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

So why doesn't it give me the option of puppet government anymore?

Comment

Honestly; difficult to say... But I wouldn't recommend you to do that anyway. If you don't want to have it all(and I assure you it's good to have), you sohuld have accepted the bitter peace. Or haven't you got it yet? The recources in European and Caucasian USSR are vital for your survival, remeber that!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I haven't had an option for bitter peace yet. Of course I'm beginning to think that I have the difficulty set too low, since all but one of the USSR's "victory point provences" have been taken, and 1942 isn't even over.

BTW, I didn't plan to go with the puppet government, I just assumed that the possibility for annexation was gone as well since the choice for puppet government was gone after Japan took some victory points from them.

Is it possible to take over the world as one of the allies? I once tried to play as the USA, but the unrest began to skyrocket.

Comment

Try changing their government. I have never tried, but it should be possible.

If you have found every VP province, you should be able to annex thew USSR after taking that last one. However, I've tried the same as you before, and I assure you that I had missed several of them because of the colour. Also, I think I found one province that was without the star sign. That memory might be wrong though. Just have it in mind.

Comment

There is a list of all of the vp provences in the statistics menu. You can search them by country, so unless there's a bug, you can see where all of the vps are.

Playing as germany is fun, but I think it would be nice to allow mexico for example to build a huge empire. It's unfortunate that the smaller countries aren't as playable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the only countries that truly have a good chance at taking over the world are, Germany, Italy, and Japan. Evwn then, some puppets and allies will probably be required.

Comment

Another Country to take over the World?
                Soviet Russia :=)

Mainly I prefer nonDemocratic Countries cause its earlier you can expand.

Argentinia is also Nice, even China used to be fun some patches ago.
                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

puppetting=lame

The game is really, really easy using USA, Germ, USSR. (though in fairness, I probably havne't played the most recent patch)

Great game though fun to pick up every now and again, I plyed like a madman last year this time, got burnt out on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
                    even China used to be fun some patches ago.
                    To be honest, I've been playing some nationalist China in the past couple of days. After taking over Sinkiang, and Communist China, the unrest is around 27%

I've been waiting and waiting for Japan to attack, but they haven't yet. I really hope that something happens soon, because it's getting kind of boring .

I think that in one of my next games I'll probably give the Soviets a go

Comment

If you take the soviets and try to go for world domination, remember not to annex germany.

Comment

The bug you're thinking of, adi, was taken away some patches ago AFAIR.

Comment

oh?

well what do I know, haven't played it for a long time...

was planning on giving it a go again but then noticed I had let my friend borrow it....

Comment

Greece, Greece should dominate the world!!!
                            My current game (Greece) HOI 1.05C+CORE v.063 difficulity 5/5:
                            No cheats, no military control, no puppets, no permanent war (to halves consumption goods rate).

Now is November 1944:

Since 1936, Greece is already (in chronological order) annexed:
                            Yugoslavia
                            Italy (Ethiopia survived thanks to my techs)
                            Hungary
                            Austria
                            Bulgaria
                            Czechoslovakia
                            Romania
                            Denmark (AXIS)
                            Germany (including Poland&Luxemburg) (AXIS)
                            Japan+Korea (Natioanlist&Communist China survived, thanks to my techs)
                            Persia
                            Bolivia (AXIS)
                            Afghanistan (AXIS)
                            Guatemala (GB dow them)
                            Honduras (France dow them)
                            Turkey

July 1944, Greece DOW allies (GB, France, Canada, Australia, New Zeland, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, Syria, Lebanon, Oman, other minors, overall about 500 or so divisions. I have 75).

July 1944, USA DOW Greece, but didn't join allies.

August 1944 Greece annexed Lebanon and Syria.

October 1944 Greece annexed France. (That was the fight , almost like against the Germans in 1940)

November 1944, Greece annexed Belgium

Now I control all Europe except Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Norway, Sweden and Finland. I also control half of Africa (All North Africa, French colonies, Belgium colonies, Egypt (I dow them previously and let GB eat them), Middle East, Gibraltar, half of India. Mediterranian Sea now secured, my troops are heading to Delhi and to London.

Greece forever!!!
                            Last edited by Serb; January 15, 2004, 07:06.

Comment

Not bad at all.
                              I'm rather interested to know the state of your manpower though? Greece wouldn't get too much from her cores and I don't think there are too many other Greek cores to take ...

Better watch out for those evil evil USSR [expletive deleted]'s too.

Comment

Working...
                              X