Flak defend against ground units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flak defend against ground units?

I find it surprising that my flak cannons are defending against ground units, and actually doing a bit O' damage against the invaders.

I wonder, can they also attack ground units?

yes. but their attack is a 1 (while their defense is a 6)
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

flak are excellent defenders against ground units in real life - good against tanks and infantry. WW2 examples: a 20mm flak-vierling will rip any infantry in half (see Saving Private Ryan - you'll see a sequence). While a 88 AA gun was extensively used in anti tank roles.

Comment

yeah, theres a wicked scene in saving private ryan where the krauts turn a flak horizontally on some american infantry and rip some arms off.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

yup, the infamous german 88mm anti-tank canon was actually designed as a high-calibre flak canon
          daddy daddy, look i'm playing american facist and i'm nuking babylon

Comment

AAA is still used quite often in the Third World as a surface to surface weapon. Apparently flak kicks an AK47's arse.
            "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Some of the AA are 40mm machine guns, so if they can be lowered to a reasonable plane, they will be nasty.

Comment

I gave my flak a bombardment of 3.0.1 some time ago. Of course, Mobile SAM does NOT get any bombardment.

Comment

I'm just surprised that the devs did this. Its really a good call IMO.

Defense of 6 you say? Nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X