Diplomacy message question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy message question

Now and then I get a message like "The [opponent civ name] are meeting our diplomats on even grounds." What does this mean? Does it do anything, or is it just some words?
    Thanks!
    Johnc214 the Curious

It means that the AI civ is something like neutral towards you and considering you like a partner with whom discussions are possible... at least I have always assumed this is what it means.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I notice that, in practical terms, it doesn't mean a lot. I have received some of those messages and when I try to contact the AI with some proposal, they always reject it. If I want to have some diplo negotiations, then I have to hold a reception (is this the command?) in a foreign city, that's when I get something from the AI (they even contact me then before I do it).
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

When you hold a reception, you are improving the AI nation's regard towards you. This explains why this nation is more receptive after your ambassador gave the party. When an AI nation tolds you their diplomats meet yours on an even ground only means that they are considering you as their equal (I must admit it sometimes sound weird when you consider the nation in question)...
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
        X