Ozzy's Classical Eurodip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy's Classical Eurodip!

Merry Christmas, all - and I hope you're ready for a boxing day inside the world ring with your favorite diplo players. Things are near complete and ready for our 9pm EST start tommorrow. The graphics and final scenario pack will be available in a few short hours; but for now here's a last minute overview of the game parameters themselves before tommorrow's start. Our final revised roster for play on Friday, December the 26th is:

Romans - atawa
    Babylonians - Dylan Baker
    Gauls - Frank Johnson
    Egyptians - Makeo
    Spanish - Zylka
    Greeks - Ljube (Ozzy regular)
    Carthaginains - deity

In game rules and exceptions are as follows (any asterix denoting need of final consideration):

See below

I've played around with a lot of give & take combinations in the modern era and have come up with a delightful revised ratio of strengths according to slight imbalance the units introduced by the mod bring. This is definitely available for discussion LATER ON IN THE GAME but obviously not worth of distraction now. Modern changes to provide a more versatile, well rounded and multitasked modern combat system are as follows:

-Modern infantry to have attack lowered to 6
    - Mech infantry to have attack & defense upped to 7, cost up to 60
    -Helicopter to have Blackhawk or Apache graphic made up
    * Cruise missile to be given lower success "industrial sabatoge" ability (if possible without the rest of the dip options) - and thereby have cost increased to 80 shields. This possible, Frank?

In any case, see you all tommorrow - 8:00pm EST. We will for sure be starting at 9:00pm EST, and playing for a good several hours. Eurodip Classical ends the year in style, and starts yet another new with civ2. See you then!
    Last edited by Zylka; December 26, 2003, 20:55.

Oh.. Ming; if you could give us just another day with both threads open to finalise & transfer, we'll move everything in to here and let lock the other. Thanks

Comment

Not quite ready yet....

I've got the new scn file and city.txt and rules.txt files.

I'm just posting for Zylka to check because I'll be asleep until just before game start. Hold off d/ling until he's finalised the full modpak.

Then, once we post the complete pak we should all d/l the full pak and set up the same scn folder with the following files in our Scenario folder; e.g.

C:\MPS\Civ2\Scenario\classic_eurodip

classic_eurodip_b4000.scn
      RULES.TXT
      UNITS.BMP
      cities.gif or CITIES.BMP
      CITY.TXT
      + SOUND (folder)

---

This attachment NOW has the Legion flag and 60 shield diplos.... updated at 7pm Eastern (I think) = ONE HOUR before game start. Cities.bmp NOT included yet...

---
      Attached Files
      Last edited by deity; December 26, 2003, 20:06.
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Zylka, I assume that Emperor level is still proposed?
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Re: Ozzy's Classical Eurodip!

Originally posted by Zylka

* No tech trading allowed
          Tech trading is essential for diplo. I don't think you can have a true diplo game without tech trading - too many team strategies depend on that.

Comment

Yeah that was a little hasty and I agree we are going to need some degree of trading, better even full than none. Deity, I'll square things away tommorrow morning.. a lot of turkey and wine tonight, time for 8 hours

Comment

OK, I'll get online about 2 hours before game time if I can

I re-suggest my idea on tech trading:

Only allowed to trade techs with formally signed allies and no more than two formal allies at any given point in time. This allows each of the 7 civs to have at least one ally.
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

With trade routes it's too tricky to monitor 12 routes; 6 of your own and six from anyone else.

I suggest each civ can only create 6 external routes. If your civ attracts extras then that's just the roll of the dice.
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Re: Ozzy's Classical Eurodip!

Originally posted by Zylka

-Modern infantry to have attack lowered to 6
                  - Mech infantry to have attack & defense upped to 7, cost up to 60
                  -Helicopter to have Blackhawk or Apache graphic made up
                  * Cruise missile to be given lower success "industrial sabatoge" ability (if possible without the rest of the dip options) - and thereby have cost increased to 80 shields. This possible, Frank?
                  Not made these changes yet. Don't understand the Cruise thing?
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Don't worry for the modern units thing yet. For now, I give you all the Classical Eurodip exclusive city graphics!

Top panel is for Egyptians and Babs
                    Next panel is for Greeks and Romans
                    Following is for Carts and Spanish
                    ..and the last is for the Gauls. Hope y'all enjoy
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by deity
                      OK, I'll get online about 2 hours before game time if I can

I re-suggest my idea on tech trading:

Only allowed to trade techs with formally signed allies and no more than two formal allies at any given point in time. This allows each of the 7 civs to have at least one ally.
                      Helpful ideas, especially with the allies thing. Tommorrow in the early afternoon it'll be settled and posted.

Comment

Zylka, I assume that Emperor level is still proposed?
                        Emperor level is a must lest happy wonders become too powerful.

Comment

With trade routes it's too tricky to monitor 12 routes; 6 of your own and six from anyone else.

I suggest each civ can only create 6 external routes. If your civ attracts extras then that's just the roll of the dice.
                          I support this fully!!!!!

However this may increase the significance of colossus dramatically.

I invite you all to comment on this. It may be an unfair advantage of the one who built the colossus. This single wonder may decide the game.

Maybe we should ban colossus in these circumstances. What about other wonders? GW expiring with gunpowder and GL expiring with university or theory of gravity? All other wonders expiring and Leo and Magellan not allowed, or Magellan expiring with combustion?

Comment

I agree with deity's idea for extewrnal traderoutes.

Col gets more powerfull I agree but I dont know about banning it. Would like to ban GL though.

Comment

How about making col expire earlier. That should do the trick. Let's say expiring with invention or democracy.

Comment

Working...
                              X