You call yourselves MooII players?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You call yourselves MooII players?!

I refer to those who would use "repulsive" in their racial picks.

That pick is L-A-M-E, especially in multiplayer....

-6 picks for free, lol, what a Joke!

What's with the attitude?

Comment

LOL, I have been reading several threads in this palce throughout time and recently the "democracy" thread had people talking of best races and mentioning ways to use negative picks.

One of the first "unwritten laws" in MOOII is "repulsive" is off limits.

Whereas most around this board seem to take great pride in race-setups which are focused on such a racial pick.

It's ludicrous in my view. All the so called "experts".

Anyhow, I'm just throwing a tandrum Merry xmas.

Comment

BTW, I have a website focused on two games which are in my opinion great

They should appeal to people who like good strategy games.

Give them a try, they are both free to try. You can play unregged for as long as you like but unregged players have restrictions...

Comment

I think you have miss read the demo game. Anyway why would you not take repulsive in an MP game? The attitude is not going to affect any humans. So it is free as you say.

In an SP game it can be used to sort of handicap yourself. No trades, no extortions and slower chances for leaders to join.
          It is not pick as a means of making a better race, but rather to hinder the race a bit.

If you have atrificial agreement to not use a given trait or tactic that is fine, otherwise it is an automatic choice in an MP game.

The demo game was not about picking a "best race", it was about what the majority wanted to use for the game. Otherwise it would not have used creative at all.

Merry Xmas.

Comment

Hey, I think you misinterpreted my message.

The "democracy thread" was just something that reminded me all teh talk about "best races".

Having repulsive as a negative pick is.. CHEAP. Even if you had 9 other COMPUTER opponents, let alone humans.

As I said, it was one of the first "unwritten rules" in MOOII. Apparently the skill level here isn't high enough

Damn, it's so easy to stir trouble ...

Comment

HI !

I saw Brutalisk post and i think i must replay in this matter.

"I refer to those who would use "repulsive" in their racial picks. That pick is L-A-M-E, especially in multiplayer....-6 picks for free, lol, what a Joke!"

I am not a good native english speaker, so forgive me my mistakes. Heres my opinion about repulsive :

I am not sure why B calls rep a lame pick. It is a VERY good pick, and best in 1v1 games. Without it player would be forced to use low g or -food ( bit better ). Rep and -spy gives 9 points to build a powerfull race, so it is VERY needed i think.

Here is my replay about " u call urselfs ... ":

Kali league represents last moo players on earth. We have here some very good players who knows this game for years and truely mastered it. In 99 % of games all players choose rep as neg pick. U can wonder why ... but answer is simple : it is a best neg choice. No doubt for this. From my point of view ur moo knowledge and skill level must be very little if u write those kind of things here.

Come and join us at kali ( www.kali.net ) - server 246.
              Lets see if u can win even one game with our players !

PK

Comment

Actually I need to wonder about MY english since my message hasn't got through yet.

THAT'S MY POINT PRECICELY P-K! Repulsive offers "6 free points" (!!!!), that the player would otherwise be forced to find something else. That's why it's LAME! Not stupid(!), LAME We banned the use of repulsive because it's -6 free points! I thought I made that clear in the first place

It seems we agree on the fact that it's 6 easy negative picks, but disagree on the "use it or not" issue. As I said, the very first unwritten law about MOOII was that no player would pick repulsive because it IS 6 VERY EASY negative points.

As for Kali, I've been there for years. I've been playing MOOII since the dawn of time but mostly hot-chair (yeah I know!) or with friends in private games.

The only player I still find online is "MooHelper" who I only met a couple of years ago when I went searching to see if people still played MOOII That's about the time I ran into this forum as well.

Check that URL I posted further above, I am sure if you are a strategist at heart, you will love both of those games.

Genie's Lamp:

The two games homepages:

Metal Knights is a Fun Multi-Players Strategy Game for Windows 95/98/NT and Internet! Cool! This free demo allows you to play Metal Knights both on the net and local play for an unlimited period of time! Of course, you are encouraged to register it for a small fee ($16 or more) if you like it.. :)

StarKnights is a Fun Multi-Players Strategy Game for Windows (9x/NT/2K/ME/XP/Vista/7) and Internet! Cool! This free demo allows you to play StarKnights both on the net and local play for an unlimited period of time! Of course, you are encouraged to register it for a small fee if you like it.. :)

Yes, both have been made by the same company.

Brutalisk
                Last edited by Brutalisk; December 25, 2003, 23:41.

Comment

Repulsive means that you can't trade/sign naps,etc with any ai, so you HAVE to maintain a fleet capable of defending ALL of your planets or they WILL attack you.
                  That is easily worth -10 in my book.

That said, I very much prefer to pick -money,-pop,-sd my self.

Comment

Hi Whoha, notice that I talked about multiplayer games in specific (i.e where other human opponents are involved), even though when faced merely against AI opponents, repulsive still offers -6 picks for free!

BTW, to all those wodnering about my tone, that was just the initial post to stir some trouble, cause a reaction.

Comment

Hi !

Hmm, now i see more clearly what u meant B.
                      U can think rep is a pick for newbies. I can even agree with u BUT : If u go this way bit ahead u will know that :
                      uni, cre, lith, sub, aqa, demo ... etc picks are LAME too !
                      In the end we could have a masochistic race of - 20 picks like feudal uncreative and play it ! Sorry dude, but it is aint fun for me !

Whoha : rep is worth not much then -4 points. Maybe even less. Definitly not a -10 !

B:"The only player I still find online is "MooHelper" who I only met a couple of years ago when I went searching to see if people still played MOOII "

4381 (the helper) doesnt know u B. Maybe he forgot, maybe other reason.

PK

PS : I am PK , not with "-"

Comment

He knows me, but maybe he doesn't know me as Brutalisk. Perhaps he can recall me as "TheSaint"

Proof? I was tlaking to him on ICQ a few hours ago, lol.

PK, ofcourse you wouldn't go that far, but there are some "unwritten rules" that were the norm sicne the dawn of MOOII.

The standard ones were:

- No repulsive

And the following techs not allowed:

- Time Warp Fascilitator
                        - Phasing Cloak
                        - Gyro Destabiliser even after the modification
                        - Stasis Field

Some would go even beyond that, but any extra rules were merely to present a different kind of challenge, whereas the ones above were necessary for a GOOD game.

Anyway, nice to see we are on the same wavelength atleast even if we don't agree

Brutalisk

Comment

yea, against people its just free points.

Comment

Yes, 4381 confirmed that he knows u, B.
                            I know some unwritten rules of kali moo, cos i play it almoust 2 years. Somehow i ve never heard about gyro ban ! And i never used it. It does 1-4 damage x class ship. Interesting. I dunno about no repulsive rule.
                            Maybe after years past some rules changed on kali. Maybe ur an old vet who i dunno. I d like to meet u on kali someday, we could find a good game i think !

PK

Comment

I don't play multiplayer much, but I have played moo2 since it came out and moo1 before that and I never heard of a not-repulsive rule. Even if I did I wouldn't care, I can challenge myself in other ways, like maybe not using every point up for example, or I just want a fun, easy game.
                              That doesn't make it lame for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X