Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any hosting space?

Comment

Upload space? It's not really abuse of the feature, since the upload is pertinent to the progress of the project started by members of the site on the site.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Sorry the server is so slow.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

A little googling turned up this:

Apparently, the thing has been rewritten in Java recently...

But it's the same RedCreek Software company...

From the readme:

Because NUCLEAR WAR is beerware, you are required to send a beer to the vice president of R.C Software before one month after the day NUCLEAR WAR was installed. If not the program will destroy your computer. It will turn up the heat in your freezer so all your icecream melts, erase all your channels on your TV. With ultraviolet radiation it will destroy all your CDs. It will give out your phone number to your last girlfriend/boyfriend. It will drink up all your beer and leave your dirty clothes all over the apartment when your mother is coming. It will hide your car keys when you are late. It makes you fall in love with a penguin. It will give you nightmares about circus dwarves. It will go out with your girlfriend/boyfriend behind your back and charge everything on your credit card. It will randomly move around your car in the parking lot so that you can't find it. It will kill your dog. It will give you HIV.

Are you still sure it's okay to distribute it?
          Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

Sorry the server is so slow.

-Jam
            Was plenty fast if you ask me. Took only 9 seconds to dl.
            Spore page

Comment

That's slow

Nah, I meant it took me a long while to UPLOAD, sorry to keep you waiting.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Neither really works here
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
                  ADG,
                  In that case, UR is correct, and making the front-end in Java would be a bit of an overkill. It would be much easier to stamp out your classic PHP+MySQL app (or an ASP.NET+C#+MSSQL app, depending on whether your server is linux or windows-based) and be done with it. In fact, such approach would go well with your idea of having players issue orders at different turns.
                  That might be correct, but as I said: I don't know any of this, so I can't help programming it, and I don't have the time to learn this...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

PHP is really simple, and so is ASP. Nothing compared to Java.

Really
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think one of the courses I'll get next year is PHP or something like that (The teachers haven't decided yet)

I hope to start on this project shortly after new year... I had hoped it would have started earlier, but I've got problems with java at the moment

Comment

Java is nice and orthogonal.
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

How's this coming along?

Comment

ADG was asking in the Off-topic about issues installing JVM.

I don't know too much... and I'm not much computer-time free until the 12th day of this month
                            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Sorry, haven't updated on this thread... I think we can start coding in the middle of next week... I've had a lot of things to do lately...

I'll bring in the connection classes as soon as possible...

I've got JVM working again, so that shouldn't be a problem... I hope...

Comment

Is the goal, towards which you think work can start in the middle of next week, more specific and clear now? It's kind of hard to start coding usually when you have only a vague idea about the game you want to achieve.
                                Spore page

Comment

Working...
                                X