Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual dual setup

How do you swap positions?
    Hab 2:3 For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Re: Dual dual setup

Originally posted by mpteach
    How do you swap positions?
    Set up the game as PBEM with two human players and as many AI players as you like. Then start the game. Do not move the initial settler nor make any changes at all to the settings for player 1. Instead just End Turn. Open the turn that was saved on your desktop (the Turn 0 that is to be sent to your oppenent), play that turn as you would normally, then End Turn. Then send your opponent BOTH saves that are now on your desktop.

Comment

Someone should make a dual duel mod/patch

not only do you have to start it wierd but then you have to keep track of which saved games are which so you dont confuse the two games, and you opponent has to do the same.

Someone should program in a dual duel button into pbem that starts a dual duel and names the .csgs accordingly
      Hab 2:3 For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Comment

Quinns names the players like this

Quinns-CheckMate is the name of the blue player
        CheckMate-Quinns is the name of the other player.
        If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Another way around this is to use two different "subject lines" for the games, then "message rules" in OE or using different email addresses and message rules in OE.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

yup

I use different email adresses, and different names in the subject line but the player1-player2 and player2-player one thing sounds cool maybe i'll try that also next game.

Comment

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

Working...
              X