Downloading music from P2P networks now apparently legal in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading music from P2P networks now apparently legal in Canada

Well blow me down - it's legal (at least for us). But you can't upload stuff - that is forbidden.

I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned this. I'm totally gobsmacked.

Does anyone think that this will kill the record industry in Canada?
    Only feebs vote.

Does nobody care?

I mean, gay marriage, progressive pot laws, the Leafs are winning...

...who's put something in the Maple Syrup?
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hopefully people in China and Israel will continue to provide files for you to upload.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Israel? I didn't realize Israel was a major pirating nation.
        Russia on the other hand...
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I always figured shady stuff was going on in Israel, I could could be mistaken.

By the way Tass, my fiance bought a Detroit Red Wings jersey in Muskya for the equivalent of a few bucks.
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
            I always figured shady stuff was going on in Israel, I could could be mistaken.

By the way Tass, my fiance bought a Detroit Red Wings jersey in Muskya for the equivalent of a few bucks.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Damned leechers
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                Damned leechers
                Up yours, I'm off to download "The Very Best of Neil Sedaka".
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

so you are saying I should move to Canada then?

Comment

no no no diss, it's "so you are saying I should move to Canada then, eh?"
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I don't like hockey. I'm not sure if that is a requirement for citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        I don't like hockey. I'm not sure if that is a requirement for citizenship.
                        you're too old / crotchety to play, so you dont have to worry about that aspect.

just watch the highlights on the news, and go into work saying "Did you see (French Sounding Name)'s (hockey maneuver) last night, eh?"
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                          Hopefully people in China and Israel will continue to provide files for you to upload.
                          Thank you, Thank you.

OTOH, We aren't any better/worse than europe. I mean p2ps are filled with euros. and americans.... and... people from the entire world.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

In other news, Apple's online music store is now selling 1.5 million downloads a week. (25 mil so far).

Now call me weird, but isn't Canada sending a message to operations like this not to bother in Canada?
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

It's legal here too. What is illegal is distributing unliscesed copies.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X