Apolyton Hall of Fame: December 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Hall of Fame: December 2003

If anyone wants to vote in the hall, please do it in the following thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=104051

Thank you and good luck!

---
    What is it?
    The Apolyton Hall of Fame (HoF) is a list of people who contributed a lot to the community here on Apolyton. For example: Xin Yu was inducted in the HoF for his incredible strategy and MP contributions to the Civ2 section, yin26 for his fantastic work on 'The List' with suggestions for Civ3. Every member of the Hall of Fame has made great contributions to Apolyton and the Civilization community - these people and their accomplishments must be remembered by us all!

If you don't recognize many names you probably haven't been here very long and/or hardly ever post outside this forum - in that case this HoF might be a good opportunity to learn something about them. That is why this Hall of Fame was created: to remember and learn.

Periodically, we hold a vote for the Apolytoners who we think contribute the most to Apolyton, the ones who make Apolyton what it is. The winners shall be inducted in the Hall of Fame and their names will live forever in the annals of APOLYTON!

History
    The idea for the Hall of Fame was born in late 2000 as an outgrowth of the old Apolyton Army and Apolytoner of the Season Contests, seeking to honor the people of Apolyton in a more meaningful and structured way.

The first edition was held in the Off Topic in December 2000 over a period of 3 days and is currently archived. The first election saw Markos and Dan, the owners and administrators of this site, and the first 10 posters inducted.

Since then, the HoF vote has been held roughly 4 times a year with 11-14 total members being elected every year. Up until August 2002, the vote was held only in the Off Topic forum - from that time on it has been posted in other sections (first in Civ3, later also in SMAC, CtP1-MP, CtP2, etc).

We'll be electing 6 people this time... voting will end on the 28th!
    Let's try to make this the election wiht the MOST PARTICIPATION EVER!
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

I took the liberty of moving the thread to a forum where it might actually do some good, hope you don't mind
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

My 4 votes (for each) was placed on

Mr. Ogre (the one who helped us for a better CTP (and CTP 2) - and much more......

My (old ) friend Mr. Quinns (for the great work of the Challenge ladder).

And my young friend and enemy CheckMate. Because if it wasn't for the SL-games, I would be more than bored
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I oughta give EVERYONE here at least -1- Vote as you all put up wit me

But seriously, I do appreciate all the efforts of teaching old Grandpa "Dinosaur-dung-covered-bones"-Troll some help in playing this awesome game!1

Peace out!!

Attached Files
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan

Mr. Ogre (the one who helped us for a better CTP (and CTP 2) - and much more......

And my young friend and enemy CheckMate. Because if it wasn't for the SL-games, I would be more than bored
          Max, you are much too kind (except for the OLD part ). Thanks for the vote. But I think there are others who deserve it more. I don't contribute anything to the other forums on Apolyton, just this one. Because this is the best one.

Comment

Originally posted by quinns

Max, you are much too kind (except for the OLD part ). Thanks for the vote. But I think there are others who deserve it more. I don't contribute anything to the other forums on Apolyton, just this one. Because this is the best one.
            This is for all the other Forums here..I mean.. we are da Creme..da.la.creme'..or to be more correct..we be da DAWGS YO!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan

Thanks for the buetiful thought their Mr Bird. But I'm
              with Quinns on this one, there must be much more to Apolyton than our little band of ctp players.
              If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by checkMate

Thanks for the buetiful thought their Mr Bird. But I'm
                with Quinns on this one, there must be much more to Apolyton than our little band of ctp players.

Say it aint soo..........
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, I have voted.

If some takes a look, then you will see, that OT often votes at OT-posters, Civ-gamers at...... (guess who).

And so on.

SO YES - YOU, that I have voted for this month DO deserves my votes. I can't see why I should vote for anybody outside my favorite area?!
                  Last edited by TheBirdMan; December 18, 2003, 15:49.
                  First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Well thanks, Birdman. Your vote means a lot to me. Afterall, you have been around here contributing with great posts and keeping CTP alive longer than most of us!

Comment

OT often
                      -well, that's the key word, 'often,' not 'always'
                      -People who do good for the site and remain active will eventually be inducted.
                      -But I understand your reasoning.
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                      X