X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about special units

Hallo,
    I'm a little bit confused about these special units:
    1. When I use certain special attacks on enemy cities I afterwards see certains symbols near the name of the city on the world map. How can I find out about the meaning of these symbols.
    2. How can I see if someone launched a special attack on one of my cities.
    3. The other nations obviously start counter attacks: For example after converting a city the next round there is another animation on the city and the church symbol disappears. What happened there?
    4. Where do I see how much money I really earn with franchising?
    5. Will the slaves I my cities ever become real citizens? Can I release them?
    Thanks for answering some beginner questions.
    Thorsten

Question 5: there is only one way to free the slaves in your cities, you have to build the Emancipation Act wonder. Your slaves will become ordinary citizens while the slaves in the ennemy cities will revolt.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

1. At some point someone posted a pic describing all of them, but I can't remember enough to search for it...
      2. When someone launches such an attack you should see a visual effect during their turn, and you should get a message on your message tab too. There's also the symbol next to the city name you noticed in Q1.
      3. This is the result of reformation (which reverses conversion. Most military units have the ability to reform cities (The icon for this ability is a boot).
      4. IIRC, somewhere in the diplomacy screens.

Comment

1. The thread J Bytheway spoke of: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=65116

3. What J Bytheway said, except that the icon isn't a boot but a loopy cross thingie...
        Attached Files
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
          Question 5: there is only one way to free the slaves in your cities, you have to build the Emancipation Act wonder. Your slaves will become ordinary citizens while the slaves in the ennemy cities will revolt.
          Or you could move all your units out of the city, than give the city to a civ you don't like and have war with it anyways. Afterwards you gave the city away you can retake it, without any problems (he city is still empty). Of course you should do this on the same turn. Once you have retaken the city you are asked if you want to free the slaves in the city, of course click yes. The disarvantage of this method is that you lose one pop and maybe some buildings in your city, and if the city was your capital then you have to rebuild your capitol.

Originally posted by J Bytheway
          4. IIRC, somewhere in the diplomacy screens.
          If I remeber correctly that is CTP1, in CTP2 they forget it (another thing to add), but at at least there is a minor effect.

By the way if you haven't already voted in the Apolyton Hall of Fame: December 2003 vote now.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ah well, I thought that I was importing info from CTP1 - I usually do that. I really should play CTP2 properly sometime...

FYI, I believe the "loopy cross thingy" is called an ankh.

Comment

Thanks, that helps.

But why does the wary symbol never disappears?

Comment

Originally posted by thorsten123
                Thanks, that helps.

But why does the wary symbol never disappears?
                You mean the eye? Well that should disappear after 5 or 10 turns. I don't remember the exact number of turns. Of course only if the city wasn't attacked again.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                X