Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home/Central front HQ

February 1948 - Progress report

The Irgun unit from Degania destroyed a fanatic unit near Gesher.

Our Kibbutzniks in: Degania, Gesher, and Beit Shean, started buildinga road.

a Zion worker has begun the construction of a railroad near the shore.

For the next turn, I'd like to have another construction unit on the shore, perhaps, and some combat units in the valley.

Sadeh out.
    urgh.NSFW

March 1948

an ok round, overall. both enemy artillery units, the egyptian and the palestinian, were destroyed. the kibbutzniks completed the road to Beit Shean.

On the coast, with the looming approach of the Arab Legion unit, I've concentrated for the defence of tantura, and possible counterattack.

The Zion worker has completed a piece of the Haifa-Tel Aviv railroad.

A machinegun unit from Haifa, as well as an artillery piece, started moving in the direction of Nazareth, to lay siege on it.

For the next round:
    -I now really start to feel warm glow of the massing jordanian forces on the other side of the border. I mean it. All I have in the valley is ( valley doesn't include Ein Gev) :

- 3 Kibbutzniks.
    - 3 machineguns
    - 2 Irgun units.

I'll let the COS and govt. decide whether this is enough for the upcoming battle. If you people think that you want to help me there, please train the units in Degania.

oh, and for Ein Gev: people, please change the building orders! I could have a nice juicy AA unit, or something, there.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

What's in Ein Gev?
      David Disraeli
      Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

some two units. I don't remember which. in any case, they will surely won't be sufficient, so that city fortification must be changed to a unit, IMO.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

The kibbutznicks are actually rather good at defence. If we move them into the cities to defend, they will help to slow down the Jordanians greatly.

Comment

I don't know how to fortify them, tho. plus, I need them for some cool public works.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Put them in a city, press the right button over them in the main city screen and press fortify. It works with all the settler-type units.
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I still need the for public works. I am about to make my forces there completely liquid, by connecting them with rail.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'm taking this front until Azazel will return

Comment

Please sticky this thread.

Comment

I have used my godlike powers to make it so.
                      David Disraeli
                      Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

My analisis

ANALYSIS
                        This front is clearly divided into two sectors: West Bank of the Jordan and the mediterranean coast.

The West Bank

The number of units here is enough for now, but if the enemy activy increases, there could be severe problem. Plus, there is no defense against aerial attacks. My top priority will be the defense of Degania, but if no more units are assigned, I can't warranty that I'll defend all the cities, but I hope so. It could be interesting to have a common bunch of units in Tiberias to help both the Golan and the West bank in case such a need arises.
                        And if the Golan proves itself as unbeatable, as I hope, then all the marauding armies will come at the West bank.

The mediterranean
                        Here I've a nice bunch of units and I can start a little offensive. As long as Sinai will defend the south border, I'll have no menaces from Palestinians, I believe. Nazareth is the obvius start point (i think) and with the two arties at Haifa a nice offensive could be build.
                        With Nazareth we'll have a new road from the mediterranean to Tiberias, that could be interesting. After that, the group should head south and try to conquer as many cities as possible...

But that is counting that the two arties are assigned to the offensive. I don't understand what are they doing in the city, sleeping, when there are so much foes to destroy!

Comment

Hiya folks, I am back.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Never mind. MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE CIV.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

July 1948: Report of the Home Front.

East:

One calvary palestinian destroyed near Gesher, city that was reinforced. An arty was destroyed near Ein Gev... We really need those AA in our cities... I'll try to defend Degaria as top priority.

West:

Arty of Haifa has been put in movement, and Nazareth is gonna be sieged. Its fall is expected by next month... Maybe then we can decide whether to reinforce the east front or go down to Jenin

Comment

Working...
                              X