No announcement yet.

Home/Central front HQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mishmar needs the T-34! North is in great danger!
    "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

I'm worried that the forces beseiging Nazareth can be counter-attacked, since there won't be any fortress to protect them. Perhaps you should consider sending the Palmach in Beth-Shean to aid them. Their are no city defenses, so it or perhaps even Hagganah attacks could prove effective.

And let this be a lesson to all front commanders to not risk slow moving forces without proper zion workers or kibbutznicks to help with siege.
      David Disraeli
      Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Ok, lesson learned, Prime Minister.

Nazareth has fallen and the Palmach unit of Bet-Shean is ready to help the siege and conquest of Jenin in one or two turns...

In the Jordan one enemy unit was destroyed and another was destroyed near Tantura S.
        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Commanding General Arriving

*The new General walks into th command bunker for the Israeli Home Front and gathers his staff officers for a briefing.

"ATTENTION!!!"

"Your new General has arrived.
          I believe a briefing is in order."

1. What cities am I expected to defend?
          2. I want a sitrep from all unit commanders immediately along with intelligence on what the enemy has been doing and what you believe the enemy will be doing in the next 3 turns in the area.
          3. What kind of enemy forces have been spotted in my area, information on armored units and planes is especially desired.
          4. What did the previous general have planned, and how are the preperations for that going?
          5. What kind of reinforcements can I epect, and what kind of demands upon my troops can I expect?
          6. Aside from Attacking/Defending, am I tasked with any other jobs such as public works creation like railroads, mines, city creation?
          7. What kind of limitations have placed upon me from above, politically and militarily?
          8. Who is the Northern Front Commander? Who is the Judean Front Commander?
          9. Who do I talk to about city queues?
          10. Can I have a new thread if I ask for it?

"And remember if I tell you to do one thing, and God asks you to do another, you better hope Yaweh is forgiving because I will not be. Operations planning will begin at 0700 tommorow morning. Dismissed!"
          Last edited by H Tower; May 6, 2004, 14:59.

Comment

New Policies and Goals

I've been looking over the save and I have a few policies I'm going to attempt to enact over the next several months. (September and October)

1. Rehoming of Military Units
            Currently military units in the Home Sector are Homed to cities other than the ones they are guarding, creating waste and dangerous possibilities in case even one city falls. This should be completed in September and is not forseen to affect combat operations in any way

2. Using inferior troops in rear cities.
            Currently we have the inferior Hagana units defending some of our front line cities in the heart of the action while Machine Gun units sit in coastal cities throwing rocks into the Meditteranean. This policy will begin to take shape in late October or possibly be delayed until november or later as to not sacrifice the defense of front line cities while units pass each other in transit along slow roads.

3. A mutually beneficial railroad for the Home Front and the Northern Front.
            This will have to be planned along with the Northern Front Commander to plot the path of the railroad. The purpose of this railroad will be to bring reinforcements from the coast to the eastern cities quickly. While the Home Front would prefer a RR through Nazereth to Dengania which would support military operations being planned, a RR through Yehi'am would be possible to construct much faster. This plan should not interfere with the construction of the Haifa-Tel Aviv RR which brings immigrants and reinforcements to the southern portions of the country. This is a long reaching plan that will likely last long into the new year.

4. The Veteran Army.
            Rear cities currently are building troops that will not be properly housed in training camps to become veterans. I hope to work with the city planners to systematically upgrade these cities to produce veteran units. This will be done in several phases with several cities still producing military units at any one time.

5. The Liberation of the West Bank
            While maintaing the current lines through the cities of Dengania-Gesher-Beth Shean the Home Sector Army will work in concert with the Judean Front Command to squeeze Palestinian forces in the West Bank with Home Sector units intially marching upon Jenin. Initial reinforcements will NOT be needed to begin this operation however several armored units will be needed if this offensive is to get much farther than the gates of Nablus .

6. River Line Fortification
            The addition of barracks and City Defences will be requested of the City Planner to ensure that a minimal number of troops need be devoted to holding off any Jordanian attempt to strike at our lines while many of my forces are engaging the enemy in and around the Jenin-Nablus region. Anti aircraft artillery will likely be needed to accomplish this mission.

Comment

HTower sighting!!!!!!!!

Welcome back H!!!!!!!
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

We had a long discussion about strategy some time ago... look it up, you should find lots of info there.

Comment

And there it is.

D-92

Comment

Re: Commanding General Arriving

Originally posted by H Tower
                    *The new General walks into th command bunker for the Israeli Home Front and gathers his staff officers for a briefing.

"ATTENTION!!!"

"Your new General has arrived.
                    I believe a briefing is in order."

1. What cities am I expected to defend?
                    I believe that all the cities you have are expected to remain in Israel's hands, except maybe Ein Gev. But it's up to the politicians

2. I want a sitrep from all unit commanders immediately along with intelligence on what the enemy has been doing and what you believe the enemy will be doing in the next 3 turns in the area.
                    Good question. Well, in the west front I'll expect some minor palestinian attacks. Very minor, in fact. With the Irgun unit near Tantura should be more than enough to protect the front. The North , Nazareth, should not get too many attack. Also there would be attacks in East, but I believe that the worst has already happend. I'll expect serious attacks on Ein Gev, by Sirians and Palestine attacks from Jordania.

3. What kind of enemy forces have been spotted in my area, information on armored units and planes is especially desired.
                    I've no spotted planes or tanks. I've spotted Fanatic, Frontiner Guard in some places and Arab Soldiers in some cities. Arab Calvary is also common.

4. What did the previous general have planned, and how are the preperations for that going?
                    My plans were to go from Nazareth to the south, using some units from the East side of the front to support the attacks. The attack force (two arties, basically) is near Nazareth and could get into the mountains near Jenin next turn. Also there is a T-34 tank in Tiberias that North Front is not going to use for the next 2 or 3 turns... Discuss with Stalin II the usage of this tank.

5. What kind of reinforcements can I epect, and what kind of demands upon my troops can I expect?
                    This is for the PM and the COS to answer. However, I think that to conquest two or three more cities is a reasonable demand.

6. Aside from Attacking/Defending, am I tasked with any other jobs such as public works creation like railroads, mines, city creation?
                    PM has asked us to support the sieges of cities with fortress. I was waiting to complete the railroad from Tel-Aviv to Haifa (that is a must in case the Egypt front gest worse, IMHO.

7. What kind of limitations have placed upon me from above, politically and militarily?
                    Up to the COS.

8. Who is the Northern Front Commander? Who is the Judean Front Commander?
                    I'm Judean Front COmmander. North Front Commander is Stalin II. Rasputin is Egypt Front Commander.

9. Who do I talk to about city queues?
                    Arthedain is the minister of economy and Steve the mister of Defense.

10. Can I have a new thread if I ask for it?
                    I'm not the one to answer, but I'd say YES

"And remember if I tell you to do one thing, and God asks you to do another, you better hope Yaweh is forgiving because I will not be. Operations planning will begin at 0700 tommorow morning. Dismissed!"
                    Nice end

Comment

Re: Re: Commanding General Arriving

Originally posted by yaroslav

I believe that all the cities you have are expected to remain in Israel's hands, except maybe Ein Gev. But it's up to the politicians
                      I've got a plan for Ein Gev that should keep it in our hands.

I've no spotted planes or tanks. I've spotted Fanatic, Frontiner Guard in some places and Arab Soldiers in some cities. Arab Calvary is also common.

My plans were to go from Nazareth to the south, using some units from the East side of the front to support the attacks. The attack force (two arties, basically) is near Nazareth and could get into the mountains near Jenin next turn. Also there is a T-34 tank in Tiberias that North Front is not going to use for the next 2 or 3 turns... Discuss with Stalin II the usage of this tank.
                      That tank is going North, Stalin II needs it much more than I do.

PM has asked us to support the sieges of cities with fortress. I was waiting to complete the railroad from Tel-Aviv to Haifa (that is a must in case the Egypt front gest worse, IMHO.
                      This is an absolute IMPOSSIBILITY right now, we only have 2 zion workers and I only have 1 under my control.

Comment

I believe I have some Zion workers in the shipment of Immigrants due in Haifa this upcoming turn.

Ill double check and let you know.
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

You are entitled to reasonable reinforcement (whatever that is), provided no other front is in a crisis situation. I would like to eliminate that Palestinian pocket.
                          David Disraeli
                          Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

#4 of my policies is irrelevant since we have the equivalent of Sun Tzu's, all units are born veterans

Comment

Central Front's West Bank Offensive. OP Plan #1A
                              (To see Op Plan #1, see September turn report)

Description
                              High Command has authorized an offensive south from Nazareth into the West Bank with the eventual link up of the Judean and Central Front link up to accomplished somewhere near Nablus or Beth Shemen. The first target is the city of Jenin, sure to be a tough nut to crack as it resides on a hilltop with strong city walls. Massive amounts of artillery will be needed to blast the enemy off the high ground. Additonal units that are not presently under Central Front command are : (1) Zion Worker currently at sea, (1) Palmach to be rushed with a disbanded immigrant in Haifa. (1) WW2 Artillery to be ourchased in September. (???) any additional artillery units that can be spared from other commands.

September 1948
                              -Nazareth Attack force moves into Nazereth (2) Machine Gun, (2) WW1 artillery
                              -WW1 Artillery in Haderah moves north towards Haifa
                              -Zion Worker (onboard ship currently) lands in Haifa and begins building RR next to it but work is aborted
                              Rush palmach in Haifa with disbanded immigrant
                              -WW2 artillery purchased from Europe moves north to near Haifa

October 1948
                              -Zion Worker with 1 turn of prebuild moves to outside Jenin and builds fortress (instant completion)
                              -(2) machine gun and (2) WW1 artillery move to Fortress from nazereth
                              -Palmach in Haifa moves to fortress outside of Jenin
                              -WW1 Artillery outside Haifa moves to near Nazareth.
                              -WW2 Artillery outside Haifa moves to near Nazareth

November 1948
                              -(2) WW1 Artillery in fortress attack Jenin
                              -WW1 artillery west of Nazareth arrives in Fortress
                              -WW2 artillery west of Nazareth arrives in Fortress
                              -Any 1 movement point units sent from Ashod in September will arrive in Fortress this month.

Comment

So do you expect to conquest the city by December, then?

Comment

Working...
                                X