Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well everyone is allways talking about new and exciting changes to the sourcode how about making the mousewheel work
    Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

• Originally posted by tyrantpimp
      Well everyone is allways talking about new and exciting changes to the sourcode how about making the mousewheel work
      If you find someone who has time and it is his top priority, then no problem.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I post in the thread to make observations about the "playtest" experience not really to argue about why something isnt the way it is

I bought the game when it first came out so i know the initial limitations

but i do find my contributions to the forum useful even if nobody else does

Comment

but i do find my contributions to the forum useful even if nobody else does
          Ever body’s opinion is useful. it is the lack of a wide variety of opinions which make a poor game.
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
          The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
          Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• mouse wheel and i also recall the arrow keyboard keys not working in menus
            which i found rather annoying especially whilst navigating the great library

its not essential, but many little things really do account to something good, if you get me
            Oxygen should be considered a drug
            Tiberian Sun Retro
            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

I post in the thread to make observations about the "playtest" experience not really to argue about why something isnt the way it is
              Actual I wanted to say that this doesn't have high priority. Unless there is already that kind of functionality in the code it just has to be used.

Well for keyboard commands there are already in, so that shouldn't be less to worry about.

-Martin

Comment

• I get the following SLIC error when trying to view the civilopedia info for pollution reducing city improvements :
                Code:
                SLIC Error

(null):2864: Token PollutionPercent not found in BuildingDB
                I have the german version and i did patch to 1.11 before unzipping the playtest files.
                visu

Comment

• visu did you set DebugSlic in your userprofile to Yes? Anyway the are a lot of bugs in the German version of the Great Libary. So here is a fixed version in the attachment, unzip it into your ..\ctp2_data\german\gamedata\ folder, and confirm when you are asked to overwrite the file Great_Libary.txt.

-Martin
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok finished up another playtest
                    ---------------------------------------------------------

I know i mentioned this before but the feature of centering the map on piracy and pillaging sucks. It has to be the most annoying thing in the whole playtesting experience. Getting tossed about a gigantic map while 30 ai's sack and pirate each other is a waste of my sanity. (please advise)
                    You can go and turn off 'view AI moves" (It's called something like that) and then you won't be stuck with seeing all of that. It'll also speed up the game.
                    The wall of the Achaians

Comment

• yeah i think your referring to show enemy moves, i have it unchecked i dont get bothered with fighting enemy units. They kill each others armies all the time but i do get bothered with pirating and pillaging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                        visu did you set DebugSlic in your userprofile to Yes?
                        No, I didn't.
                        But it works now, thanks.

visu
                        visu

Comment

• Well visu could it be that it was set somehow else to Yes, could you please give the your DebugSlic settings. It would be interesting if if this is set to Yes or not. If it is set to No then it is clearly a thing that shouldn't occur.

-Martin

Comment

• It's set to No.

DebugSlic=No
                            in ..\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt

visu
                            visu

Comment

• Can anyone reproduce terraforming bugs: e.g., you terraform forest to either plains or grassland. You can start to build a farm on the resulting tile, but it disappears before it's finished. OTOH, advanced farms are ok.

Comment

• Peter im unable to duplicate your findings what are the settings of your playtest what age are you in etc. Perhaps if i configure my game like yours i can duplicate.

Comment

Working...
                                X