Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something like that. The string just needs to be exposed in ldl_str.txt and it is localized as it should be. But I would like to have to additional empty strings that can be filled by Modmakes, so that they can include their own email address or contact information and disclaimer.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I just took another look on the code of that *ldl file. The font should be red like in Locutus image, for the date I would like to see something like this format: 11. 12. 2003 well of course for the German version that means this string should also be exposed in the ldl_str.txt.

-Martin

Comment

Using the date is asking for trouble isnt it? especially 11.12
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Not if you use the word for the month, followed by the date...

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
            Using the date is asking for trouble isnt it? especially 11.12
            And as long as it just appears in the German version like this not.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by kaan
              unzip and replace is the right answer.
              just treat it like a mod that isnt made for modswapper.
              be carefull to install it on top of a vanilla ctp2 install and dont expect ANY mod to work with it.

oh, and read the apolyton_README.txt

klaus
              Thanks Kaan, I will give it a try as soon as possible...
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Well I experimented with the version string and accidently stared the default game, what ever I enter there it gets replaced by v1.1, so it is also hardencoded into the patched ctp2.exe, however I think we don't need "fix" this.

But I think in the end we have to find another solution for the disclaimer, it is very tiny.

-Martin
                Last edited by Martin Gühmann; December 12, 2003, 12:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  Well I experimented with the version string and accidently stared the default game, what ever I enter there it gets replaced by v1.1, so it is also hardencoded into the patched ctp2.exe, however I think we don't need "fix" this.

But I think in the end we have to find another solution for the disclaimer, it is very tiny.

-Martin
                  Its big enough in my opinion and placed very prominently too, i dont think that could be a problem.

as for the version number i dont have that problem so i dont know what is causing it.

klaus

Comment

Has anyone managed to downgrade his version of CtP to unpatched? I'm somewhat weary about installing this on my patched version...
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I installed it on my patched ctp2 install at first and it didnt make any difference in the 20 or so turns i played, then i reinstalled ctp2 and extracted the zip over an unpatched install.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                        Has anyone managed to downgrade his version of CtP to unpatched? I'm somewhat weary about installing this on my patched version...
                        The main difference between the patched and unpatched version is the ctp2.exe, of course there are also some text file changes but these are minor and therefore there is no problem for the unpatched version to use them, only the slic files might be a problem but as long as you don't use a mod, and actual we already added stubs for all the slic functions of the patch, so there shouldn't be a problem except if the mod uses database accept like CTC. So just replace the ctp2.exe of course not without making a backup before and you are fine.

Its big enough in my opinion and placed very prominently too, i dont think that could be a problem.
                        In my opinion it is small so that you can overlook it.

as for the version number i dont have that problem so i dont know what is causing it.
                        As you quoted me I talked about the patched ctp2.exe the ctp2.exe that is actual version 2.1 and not 2.0.

-Martin
                        Last edited by Martin Gühmann; December 13, 2003, 16:04.

Comment

If you mean the official Activision 1.1 (or 1.11) patch, don't bother with downgrading. Installing over the patched version works for me.

At the moment, we have been concentrating on the vanilla game. For mods and scenarios, there will be some text files that have to be updated. E.g. you have to insert a line in const.txt setting MAX_MATCH_LIST_CYCLES to some value. IIRC it was 6 in the original game, and the new line should be after the one setting RIOT_LEVEL in const.txt.

Comment

Martin, please correct your last post. You have three quotes there, all attributed to me, but only the first one is actually mine - to help avoid confusion.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Martin, please correct your last post. You have three quotes there, all attributed to me, but only the first one is actually mine - to help avoid confusion.
                              Well I fixed this copy and paste problem.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

In my opinion it is small so that you can overlook it.
                                I think its more than enough to satisfy the legal obligations Activision has set, but then again IANAL.

Klaus

Comment

Working...
                                X