X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT: Playtest

Hi folks

Several ppl have requested a binary with the result of our efforts until now. Here it is

Please remember that this is for playtesting porpuses only so dont count on it working for anything other than finding more bugs.

Please also remember to read the apolyton_README.txt included for a list of changes and other usefull information.

Feedback is most welcome both when something we changed works and when it doesnt.

Edit: Removed link. The latest version of the Apolyton Edition can be found here.

Have fun
    Klaus
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 22, 2008, 18:22.

Thanks Kaan,

Downloading as I type

Comment

Hehe great, will try it when i get home.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thanks Kaan but how can I use it? Do I have to install the source code or can I simply unzip and replace the files in my CtP2 folder?
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

unzip and replace is the right answer.
          just treat it like a mod that isnt made for modswapper.
          be carefull to install it on top of a vanilla ctp2 install and dont expect ANY mod to work with it.

oh, and read the apolyton_README.txt

klaus

Comment

Reports on the playtest release:

The readme file does not match the actual game. The code changes of 10-12-2003 are listed in the readme file (the last 4), but appear to be missing from the executable.

The path of upsg001.tga in the ZIP-file is incorrect. This file should be moved from ctp2_data\default\gamedata\graphics\pictures to ctp2_data\default\graphics\pictures to get it to display.

The screen layout of the start-up screen has to be updated.
            The "THIS MATERIAL [...] ACTIVISION" message is partially hidden by the hotseat button, and in its turn obscures the version number.

I had no problems playing it.

Comment

thank you Fromafar, ill update later tonight.

Comment

To clarify - does it go over the unpatched vanilla CtP2 or over a patched install?

edit: this might be embarrassing considering i havent read the readme yet, downloading sloooooowly
                Last edited by Maquiladora; December 11, 2003, 14:25.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Ok first thing

[FIX]

"Neptun Map", it has the wrong description next to it, it says its east to west connects, obviously thats Earth, should be north to south connect only. Dunno if this is posted elsewhere

By the way i extracted over the vanilla game with 1.11 official patch on, so tell me if this is wrong asap.

edit again:

Okay i got it on now and the Neptune map description is still wrong, but disbanding units in the city mananger now works properly, woohoo.
                  Last edited by Maquiladora; December 11, 2003, 14:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                    To clarify - does it go over the unpatched vanilla CtP2 or over a patched install?

edit: this might be embarrassing considering i havent read the readme yet, downloading sloooooowly
                    unpatched vanilla CtP2 it is

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                      "Neptun Map", it has the wrong description next to it, it says its east to west connects, obviously thats Earth, should be north to south connect only. Dunno if this is posted elsewhere
                      Well this copy and paste stuff.

Use the file in the attachment instead of the ldl_str.txt.

Note for users of the German version of the game the string is already correct so you don't need this file.

For the disclaimer on the start screen I prefer a string like the version info, you have to consider that I don't want to have an English disclaimer in a German CTP2. You can remove it with the same work as you would replace such a string, and the scenario editor disclaimer is also just a string. Of course for now it is ok but for later builds we need the possibility to localize it, without replacing 900 kb large images.

-Martin
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Martin Gühmann; December 11, 2003, 15:45.
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well this copy and paste stuff.

Use the file in the attachment instead of the ldl_str.txt.

Note for users of the German version of the game the string is already correct so you don't need this file.

For the disclaimer on the start screen I prefer a string like the version info, you have to consider that I don't want to have an English disclaimer in a German CTP2. You can remove it with the same work as you would replace such a string, and the scenario editor disclaimer is also just a string. Of course for now it is ok but for later builds we need the possibility to localize it, without replacing 900 kb large images.

-Martin
                        That and more has been adressed in the updated file above.

klaus

Comment

Originally posted by kaan
                          That and more has been adressed in the updated file above.
                          I don't see that this with the disclaimer has been addressed, it is still an image of 960 kb. But actual I expect this needs some more time but not ages either.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I don't see that this with the disclaimer has been addressed, it is still an image of 960 kb. But actual I expect this needs some more time but not ages either.

-Martin
                            doh, sorry, i meant the ldl_str.txt issue

Comment

-Martin
                              Actually i just made this, was it something like that you were searching for?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X