This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maquiladora
    It didnt work right when i installed only the second one. I got the const.txt line 225: error, then it worked when i installed the first and then second again.
    OK, I remember now. I couldn't start my first game myself because I had the SAP2 files installed. Without them, the patch I installed runs fine alone.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Okay guys...

I have never installed any of the mods so I don't know half of what you guys are talking about. I'm trying but be gentle.

I have installed a vanilla verstion and upgraded it to the official 1.11 patch. I have downloaded what I think are the two playtest files:

ctp2_playtest2003121401.zip

and

ctp2_playtest_2004[1].01.31.zip

Now, how EXACTLY am I supposed to install these? Thanks from the newbie!

Comment

Originally posted by epeterson
        ...ctp2_playtest_2004[1].01.31.zip

Now, how EXACTLY am I supposed to install these? Thanks from the newbie!
        I think that this file only is needed, unzip it into the Activision folder and replace all the files (if you are not asked to replace files the patch has been unzipped in the wrong folder)... you can then start a game from the shortcut or the executable itself.

If you are experiencing problems try Maquiladora trick, intall the ctp2_playtest2003121401.zip patch (unzip and replace) and then install the ctp2_playtest_2004[1].01.31.zip (unzip and replace) over the first playtest patch.

I hope it helps.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Stupid DP...

Comment

Okay,

I did as you advised Tamerlin. I only unzipped the 2nd playtest file and replaced the files in my 'test version', (vanilla with sprinkles...err, I mean patch 1.11) of CTP2. It works!!!!

I went with 7 civilizations/difficulty-hard/default barb/waterworld with some islands. I am the Roman empire and I have been saving at so many turns. My last save was at 2000BC.

One of the first things I didn't much care for was that when the messages come under the message tab and you zoom to the city it changes to the city tab. I assume this is made for you to quickly change the build que. I don't like it because you have to go back to the message tab to eliminate the message. Perhaps after you zoom to the city and close the pop-up window it should also eliminate that message instead of just greying it out?
            Last edited by epeterson; February 18, 2004, 02:10.

Comment

what sup, i'm back

well, i've been back for a while, but since i dont know anything about programming....

i have a question. I still have SAP installed, do i have to "unistall" it first, and if so, how do i get a filelist

i'm happy to know CtP2 will become the best TBS all over again
              thanx everyone

-theDivineEmperor- -JinFX HuangDi-

Comment

It would be easier to make a new installation of CtP2, to install the CtP2 1.11 patch and then to install the Source Code Patch over it.

Maquiladora is explaining how to do it in the next page or so.

Comment

alright, i'll just reinstall and keep my old saves

Comment

In which folder is userprofile.txt found?
                    The wall of the Achaians

Comment

• ...\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Actual I asked for all the files of patch 1.1, because I wanted to add then all to the altered files and as I got them they are included in the patch here therefore you need only the lastest playtest patch, noting else.

Well you can try again with a new version:

Edit: Removed link. The latest version of the Apolyton Edition can be found here.

Unfortunatly Markos latest upload service is still buggy, you notice that my user ID is missing in front of the file. So I cannot delete the last version of that file.

Edit looks like in Markos upload service is more broken then a missng ID. So I search for another place.

-Martin
                        Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 28, 2008, 16:49.
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                          Edit looks like in Markos upload service is more broken then a missng ID. So I search for another place.
                          OK that should now work, maybe Markos will fix the link above:

Edit: Removed link. The latest version of the Apolyton Edition can be found here.

-Martin
                          Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 28, 2008, 16:50.
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• So is this the official playtest now ?
                            I just installed it looks like it zapped some other files diff versions etc.
                            Just want to make sure its what we are calling "the current build" so to speak
                            Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

• Thanks Martin... by the way, can I install the latest patch and load my current saved game in order to go on with the playtest?

I suppose it should work adequately after a reloadslic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                                ...\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp
                                Hmmm, it's not there. I'm running on Windows ME, could this affect the installation somehow?

Thanks
                                The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Working...
                                X