This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got just what i asked for
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Well i dont know about anyone else but i cant run the game at all...
      Attached Files
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I have the same problem, the game starts loading and then CTD with an error message named APOL_const.txt line225: Error displaying the following text:

Expected keword MAX_MATCH_LIST_CYCLES not found

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't know why but my playtest version of CtP2 tries to open the APOL_const.txt... I have replaced the content of the APOL_const.txt with the content of the const.txt file found in the same folder and... it works.

Though I don't have the blue text under the Un seul joueur (Single player) button in the main screen, I can start a game. It seems to be the good version as the settler's shield is red instead of the traditional default blue.
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Well i got it working now too. I installed the first playtest patch (in the first post), then installed Martin's again and it all works fine so far. I like the colour selectiong thing too.

Comment

Tamerlin:
              See this post. The APOL_.... files are from the Apolyton modpack, and have not been updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                Though I don't have the blue text under the Un seul joueur (Single player) button in the main screen, I can start a game. It seems to be the good version as the settler's shield is red instead of the traditional default blue.
                The problem is that noone produced French versions of the modified add_str.txt and ldl_str.txt files, to get to know what I did with the German and English versions of these files see this thread.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fromafar
                  Tamerlin:
                  See this post. The APOL_.... files are from the Apolyton modpack, and have not been updated.
                  I know that but what I don't understand is why the game runned through the vanilla Source Code ctp2.exe is checking the APOL_const.txt file (it should not even know it exists) instead of the appropriate const.txt.

Comment

Its checking your modified gamefile.txt perhaps.

Comment

Did you use modswapper to install the Apolyton pack in the past? It could be that there still is a reference left in gamefile.txt in the ctp_data\default directory.

Comment

I think you are right Fromafar, I have opened the gamefile.txt and found that many original file names were added an APOL_ prefix. I have suppressed all the said prefixes in the gamefile.txtand everything runs fine.

Thanks!
                        Last edited by Tamerlin; February 1, 2004, 13:47.

Comment

I just installed it today no problems on so far, will let everyone know if anything breaks.
                          Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

bump

Comment

Has anyone done a long term... that is greater than 200-300 turns of play using the playtest's exe?

We need reports of effects of the game when you get deeper in. Some problems, like the director/sound bug don't show up til then...

Comment

I am currently playing a game, I have reached 210AD and I have only noticed three potential bugs but as I am nor a programmer nor a Slicer some bugs can stay unnoticed.

CPU: AMD AthlonXP 1800+
                                Sound: SoundBlaster Live!
                                Graphic Card: ATI Radeon 9200 128 Mo

Civilization: Romans
                                Difficulty: Hard
                                Empires: 5 (maximum number of civs set at 10)
                                Pollution: Activated
                                Terrestrial world
                                Standard map settings

Possible bugs:

1 - Are the city revolting?
                                I have conquered a few cities and none revolted while the happiness level was 72, one even stayed as low as 70 for a few turns and did not revolt.

2 - Game freezing at the end of Via Appia movie?
                                Impossible to start the game again, I had to close CtP2 through the Task Manager and start again from a save, I should have saved the turn before the wonder and watched the movie again to see if it was generating the crash but I clicked on the movie screen to end it. Sorry!

[EDIT]The Via Appia movie bug seems to be confirmed by the Hagia Sofia movie which is producing the same effect. I have tested the movie several times, if I let it until the end the game freezes... the only way to go on is to left click anywhere to close the wonder window before the end.[/EDIT]

3 - No more Blood Bath?
                                I have conquered the Chinese and I have never been asked if I wanted to keep or destroy a conquered city.

Comments about the original game:

- Bad time flow, the advances are discovered too quickly (average of 4 turns between each advance), some units can become obsolete before you have produced two of them...

- The game is far too easy but this is something we already know.

- I miss the Updater2... It should definitely be a part of the original game as managing obsolete units and building new ones to replace them is what I call a painful process.
                                Last edited by Tamerlin; February 11, 2004, 17:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X