This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaan

I think its more than enough to satisfy the legal obligations Activision has set, but then again IANAL.

Klaus
    Well if you mean...

And what does mean IANAL in long?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I. Am. Not. A. Lawyer. perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBaggins
        I. Am. Not. A. Lawyer. perhaps?
        exactly

Comment

At any rate, it doesn't mean what you'd first think it does .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hmmm some people are saying install it over the unpatched CtP2 and some say over the patched version, most frustrating. We should all do it the same way. It seems logical to unzip it over the unpatched CtP2 to me, at least for now.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
              Hmmm some people are saying install it over the unpatched CtP2 and some say over the patched version, most frustrating. We should all do it the same way. It seems logical to unzip it over the unpatched CtP2 to me, at least for now.
              If someone were to find out what the difference is for the patch other than the exe it would be great

Comment

Well all the files are in the "XPatch" in the directory, a zip version of the 1.1 patch.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Thanks Maquiladora

I have made a comparison of 1.0 and 1.11 files and i came up with this result:

Code:
                  /CTP2/anet.inf - 5 lines diff: No trouble
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/default/gamedata/buildings.txt - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/default/gamedata/diplomacy.slc - 53 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/default/gamedata/profile.txt - 3 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/default/gamedata/tileimp.txt - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/default/gamedata/tut2_main.slc - 0 lines diff: No trouble
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/default/gamedata/uniticon.txt - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/default/graphics/pictures/CnBGA.tga - Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/default/uidata/credits.txt - 24 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/default/uidata/keymap.txt - 2 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/english/gamedata/add_srt.txt - 4 lines diff: No trouble
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/english/gamedata/exp_str.txt - 4 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/english/gamedata/tips_str.txt - 5 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/english/gamedata/tut2_str.txt - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/english/uidata/layouts/citystatus.ldl - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/english/uidata/layouts/science.ldl - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_data/english/uidata/layouts/spnewgame.ldl - 12 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/ctp2_program/ctp/anet.inf - 5 lines diff: No trouble
                  /CTP2/ctp2_program/ctp/dll/map/*.dll - 1 byte diff in each file: Probably ok
                  /CTP2/scenarios/alexanderthegreat/scen0000/scenario.txt - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/scenarios/alexanderthegreat/scen0000/default/gamedata/Advance.txt - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/scenarios/alexanderthegreat/scen0000/default/gamedata/scenario.slc - 13 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/scenarios/alexanderthegreat/scen0000/default/gamedata/uniticon.txt - 5 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/scenarios/alexanderthegreat/scen0000/default/gamedata/Units.txt - 3 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/scenarios/alexanderthegreat/scen0000/english/gamedata/Great_Library.txt - 83 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/scenarios/magnificentsamurai/scen0000/scenario.txt - 1 line diff: Looks good 
                  /CTP2/scenarios/magnificentsamurai/scen0000/default/gamedata/scenario.slc - 9 lines diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/scenarios/magnificentsamurai/scen0000/default/gamedata/SS_func.slc - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/scenarios/nucleardetente/scen0000/scenario.txt - 1 line diff: Looks good
                  /CTP2/scenarios/nucleardetente/scen0000/default/gamedata/scenario.slc - 34 lines diff: Looks good
                  Based on this material i dont think there should be any reason not to use 1.11 as the base of our improvements. The amout of errors corrected in these files would be a shame to waste.

Legend:
                  Looks good: This is used when the changes result in an improvement that isn't dependent on the exe.
                  No trouble: This is used when the changes doesn't add anything usefull, but also don't break anything.
                  Probably ok: Is only used once and means that i dont think it will break anything but that I can't be sure of it.

Comment

Nice one Kaan, so the only thing to be worried about are the changes to the exe. Im wondering what the "MP tweaks" were in the 1.11 patch.

Comment

I installed it over the patched version and it seemed to play well, but I didnt try any mods.
                      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Playtest report

As far as I can tell from reading these forums, this appears to be a good thread for a small playtest report.

Of the fixes in the 2003121401 playtest release, I'm only aware of issues relating to the Neptun world. But I'm just getting to sea cities and sea tunnels, and ships that pass through cities still finish turns with partial movement available.

On the Neptun world:
                        Cities on the other side of the E/W map edge should be under the black, but their Name, Color, and Population still appear.

When units approach the wrapped N/S edge, the "black over the edge" of the map obscures their vision at the edge line until they actually cross the line, then their full vision allotment springs back into view (even back across the line). You also can't drag a movement line across the N/S line, crossing the line is always a one tile move.

Don't know if this is really an issue but, when the game centers on a city near the E/W map edge, over a third of the map window is black instead of keeping the edge of the map near the edge of the window.

dru

Comment

On the Neptun world:
                          Cities on the other side of the E/W map edge should be under the black, but their Name, Color, and Population still appear.
                          I should say i noticed this with the flat map too.

Comment

I expected that there was something wrong with the Neptun world in the debug version if I start a new game with it I get a bunch of Assertions, which I didn't examined. On a earth world I see sometimes also the other side of the Soth-North edge, but actual also the terrain, if I scoll a little bit it disappears. But of course I don't know how it is on a Neptun world.

-Martin

Comment

Finally I managed to clean my setup and bring everything else in order, so I can compile a playtest version. As I don't have a full version of MS C++ you have to live with a disclaimer popup window when you start the game and as my MS C++ is a German version this disclaimer is also in German of course.

Keep in mind that this is *.exe contains our current results, and we didn't implemented everything from the patch so far. And of course you might find more bugs and bugs, we added or were already there.

And of course don't forget to read the apolyton_README.txt, I added the most important pieces of information about our modifications.

Note that all the issures you found about the flat and Neptune map wasn't addressed so you find these bugs again.

So let's look if Marcos' new upload service works:

Edit: Removed links. The latest version of the Apolyton Edition can be found here.

-Martin
                              Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 28, 2008, 16:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                                Finally I managed to clean my setup and bring everything else in order, so I can compile a playtest version.
                                Thank you very much Martin.
                                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X