Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a crash-to-desktop that I just cannot get around. What would be useful? I have a saved game the turn before the crash
    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Well we could try Fromafar's method, just post the content of the crash.txt, that you can find in your ../ctp2_program/ctp/logs/ folder provided you you have set EnableLogs to Yes in your userprofile.txt in your ../ctp2_program/ctp/ folder. So that we can use this ctp2.map file.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• crash.txt log

I have no ..\ctp2_program\ctp\logs\ folder but there is a crash.txt in the ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder with the correct date and time:

0x0045d4ba
        0x00453d18
        0x0044b61a
        0x0044b8b3
        0x0044e176
        0x0043eb83
        0x00438bb1
        0x00438a48
        0x0040f304
        0x0040f62b
        0x00407f4d
        0x004079fe
        0x0085464c
        0x77e814c7
        ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• The only problem is that I am not able to find any of these values in the map file, looks like you should post here your save file. Maybe Fromafar can tell me how I have to read this ctp2.map file and that crash.txt.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• It is easier to let the program do it itself.

Flinx:

Could you download the map file from Martin's post and put it in the same directory as the playtest executable? The generated crash.txt will look much better then.
            But posting the save game is even better. This will enable us to quickly test any fix we come up with. It certainly was a big help to have your save game when working on the autosave advance loss bug.

Comment

• Would you happen to be building the solaris project at the time of the crash? Would it be completed the turn of the crash?

If so, this is a known bug and theres no cure for it.
              Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

• Originally posted by tyrantpimp
                Would you happen to be building the solaris project at the time of the crash? Would it be completed the turn of the crash?

If so, this is a known bug and theres no cure for it.
                No it was around 3000 BC IIRC. I will post the save tonight when I get home from work.
                ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• 0x0045d4ba [?GetTerrainType@Cell@@QBEJXZ + 0xa]
                  0x00453d18 [?DrawImprovementsLayer@TiledMap@@QAE_NPAVaui_Surfa ce@@AAVMapPoint@@JJ_N@Z + 0x418]
                  0x0044b61a [?DrawImprovements@TiledMap@@QAEJPAVaui_Surface@@JJ _N@Z + 0x1ec]
                  0x0044f7f8 [?RedrawTile@TiledMap@@QAEXPBVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x29f]
                  0x004fa703 [?Create@TerrainImprovementPool@@QAE?AVTerrainImpro vement@@JAAVMapPoint@@JJ@Z + 0x180]
                  0x004e58a7 [?CreateImprovement@Player@@QAE?AVTerrainImprovemen t@@JAAVMapPoint@@J@Z + 0x78]
                  0x004f1cbf [?GEVHookCallback@CreateImprovementEvent@@EAE?AW4GA ME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEv entArgList@@@Z + 0x90]
                  0x005a671d [?Run@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVWalk er@?$PointerList@VGameEventHookNode@@@@PAVGameEven tArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x36]
                  0x005a6683 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x35]
                  0x005a7151 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@AAJ@Z + 0x38]
                  0x005a4f6d [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@AAH@Z + 0x65]
                  0x005a6fb1 [?ProcessHead@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_E RR@@XZ + 0x33]
                  0x005a6ef9 [?Process@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@ XZ + 0x83]
                  0x005a6e64 [?ArglistAddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVE NT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGame EventArgList@@@Z + 0x149]
                  0x005a6d0d [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@ @W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xe5]
                  0x0043ec24 [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXEC UTE@@@Z + 0x3c]
                  0x00438bb1 [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xfb]
                  0x00438a48 [?Process@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0x25]
                  0x0040f304 [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@QAEJKAAK@Z + 0x22f]
                  0x0040f62b [?Process@CivApp@@QAEJXZ + 0xa7]
                  0x00407f4d [?CivWinMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x3ca]
                  0x004079fe [WinMain@16 + 0x74]
                  0x0085464c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                  0x77e814c7 [__onexitbegin + 0x7729ebef]
                  Attached Files
                  ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Based on the looks of the crash.txt: did you terraform a tile?

There were some bugs in the handler of a completed terraform tile improvement event. These have been fixed in the code (2004.02.26), but are not in the playtest executable (2004.02.21) yet.

I will have a look at the save file this evening to verify this.

Comment

• Loading the save file with the debugger ... pressing the next turn button ... unhandled exception. Congratulations Flinx, you have found a new bug .

It was caused by the AI creating a tile improvement next to a goody hut that was visible, but under the fog of war. It has been caused by our 'improvements' , Activision is not to blame.

Comment

• come on fromafar lets blame them anyway
                        "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                        The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                        Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

• Originally posted by Fromafar
                          Loading the save file with the debugger ... pressing the next turn button ... unhandled exception. Congratulations Flinx, you have found a new bug .

It was caused by the AI creating a tile improvement next to a goody hut that was visible, but under the fog of war. It has been caused by our 'improvements' , Activision is not to blame.

Sounds like the curse of the mummy fix one thing break three more

We are rooting for you guys goodluck in your bughunt
                          Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

• I have here a 32 civ save.

I saved and exited the game, only to load it later and it would just drop to desktop with no warning after it had done "loading". I tried several earlier saves and all do the same thing, even the one from 3975BC!

Actually now i try my sourcecode installation it doesnt even get to the first loading screen, it just drops to desktop. :\ All my other standard CtP2 installs work.

I installed CtP2, then 1.11 patch, then 004.02.21.Playtest_CTP2.zip.
                            Attached Files
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• ...didn't someone say somewhere that only games with 28 civs or less can be saved successfully?
                              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

• Confirmation of the current max of 28 civs (27 + 1 barbarian).

A save game contains a block of agreement data with size 39 (= number of possible agreements) * number of civs * number of civs. During save and restore, the size is handled as a signed 16 bit integer. This will make the size for 29 civs or more wrap around to a negative number, lose all data upon saving, and cause a crash upon reloading.

Comment

Working...
                                X