No announcement yet.

The Dungeon of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking about Mr. P, I haven't seen him in ages. And his profile says last post: 11-18-03. Did something happen?
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

Comment

• So, Jamski... what exactly do I do in this module?

Comment

• Originally posted by MattH
        Talking about Mr. P, I haven't seen him in ages. And his profile says last post: 11-18-03. Did something happen?
        There is a whole thread about it in the community forum. It seems nobody has the answer.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• We get to kill panag in this dungeon?
          Yes oh yes oh yes

So, Jamski... what exactly do I do in this module?
          Stand around and give orders. You are a General after all...

***VERSION 1.0 IS NOW FINISHED AND IN THE PROCESS OF BEING UPLOADED***

Expect a new thread telling you how to get it when I have it sorted out (could take up to 24 hours, sorry, as NWN vault don't update for a while )

I can post the ReadMe to keep you excited.

JAMKSI
          ...........presents...........
          *****THE APOLYTON DUNGEON*****

VERSION 1.0

A module for Neverwinter Nights
          Design by Jamski
          Scripting by Jamski
          Story by Jamski
          Beta Testing by MattH

This is a work of fiction. All references to persons living or dead are purely concidental. Yeah right.

***Installing the Module***

1. Unzip the file The Dungeon of Apolyton into your Neverwinter Nights Modules folder. The default location is C:\Neverwinternights\NWN\modules
          2. Unzip the file Apolyton.hak into your Hakpack folder. The default location is C:\Neverwinternights\NWN\hak
          3. That's it.

***Starting the Module***

1. Start the game as normal.
          2. Select the option "New" or "New Game"
          3. Select "Other Modules"
          4. Select "Apolyton"
          5. Either create a new character, or choose one you already created.
          6. Play.

***Before you Start***

It's highly reccommended to add these lines to nwnplayer.ini under [Game Options] or change them if they are already there :

Single Player ItemLevelRestrictions=0
          Single Player Enforce Legal Characters=0
          Memory Level=2
          Memory Access=2

This will allow you to a.) use all the items and b.) see the adult content of this module.

Also reccommended is to add this under [Control Options] :

unlockcamera=1

This does like it says, so you can have a good look around.

***Other Advice***

a.) This module is designed to be played on the normal difficulty setting with a new level one character. It is balanced to be "fun but challenging" at this level. Don't use a level 20 wizzie with immunity to everything unless you WANT to fight creatures designed to test low-level characters.
          b.) Talk to everyone and listen to what they say. Only by helping a series of unrelated quests, spread over the whole game, is it possible to access Area 24, or to become a Moderator.
          c.) Attacking innocents can cause you to become stuck. Sometimes you can carry on. Use some sense, and don't kill the only person who knows a password, for example. Many people when killed will cause thier friends to be agressive to you. Watch out, some people have REALLY tough friends.
          d.) Almost all quests CAN be completed without fighting. I won't say how... but think SNEAKY.
          e.) If you get a load of text in german this means one of two things. Either its reporting a failure in a dialogue (in which case try repeating the conversation, or returning later in that story line) or the text is an item description for a common object, that I "borrowed" but didn't translate - yet. You don't need to know what a table looks like in german
          f.) At the moment the ending "movie" is missing to keep the download small. This will be packaged with future versions, after I have everything fixed, I hope...

***Technical Problems***

If you can't get the module to work :

1.) You need the first X-pack "Shadows of U-blah-blah"
          2.) You need to make sure NWN is looking in the right directory. This line must be in nwn.ini under [Alias] :
          MODULES=.\modules
          3.) Make sure you unpacked it in the right directory.
          4.) If its still not working at all, then send me an e-mail and tell me exactly what's wrong. j_maunders@yahoo.co.uk Put APOLYTON DUNGEON in the header.

***Game Problems***

A walkthrough will be available soon, and will be packed with future releases. If you're stuck... then I can get to the end, so you need to try something else, or you've killed my module, you monster!

***Release History***

Beta1.0(partial) 16.Dec.2003
          Many areas missing, empty rooms, missing dialogues.

Beta1.1(partial)
          Some areas still empty, full game skeleton in place. Possible to play through to the end.

Beta2.0(full beta)
          Finished and released to tester - probably still too many rough edges.

Beta2.1(full beta) 21.Dec.2003
          Released to tester with playble to final scene.

Apolyton1.0(release version) 12.Jan.2004
          Full version, perfect in every way. (well, no gamestoppers anyway)

-Jam
          -Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski

Stand around and give orders. You are a General after all...
            And what kind of orders do I give? The "Quick-MARCH! Atten-SHUN!" type, the "Kick all adventurers out right now!" type, or the "Bring me the head of that meddlesome hero! Oh, and behead everyone in the town under five, as well." type?
            Last edited by GeneralTacticus; January 12, 2004, 05:38.

Comment

• You give the kind of orders like "go and talk to x" or "I can tell you where y might be."

Sorry, but someone has to fill this role
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• woohoo!!!
                Now watch this drive!

Comment

• *sigh* Still waiting for http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/ to update If you get bored go and type "apolyton" into the search box every few hours...

Why, oh why, do they update so infrequently ?

-Jam

Comment

• How big is your file?
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• How big is your file?

Comment

• I can toss something up real quick if it's <2MB.
                        Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Damn, I am very, very late!

I shall petition to be in 1.1...lord knows what as. The whiny, annoying brother of ixnay? I'm good at that as is .

Will download when available, though. Commendation for your hard work is in order.
                          Talent Optional

Comment

• Its available! See the download thread for death-hails! I mean details.

-Jam

Comment

• Well hey, it would appear I'm in this.

Comment

• You are indeed - as a GOOD GUY - wow!

Get the Dungeon HERE.

Some Moderator might want to lock this thread or perhaps its worth keeping it open for the v1.1 suggestions

Whatever.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X