A distant rumble....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A distant rumble....

It's not so much a sound as.....a deep vibration in the distance....Hmmm. Yes, there it is again. But not quite thunder. More like....guns......big guns....
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Your up to something Kull, so spill it!

------------------
    All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BeBro on 05-11-2001 12:25 PM
      New scenario, Kull? Ancient? Please, give us something more...

Ancient? With guns? I don`t think so.

"Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Ah, you are right, I only thought Kull would make a new ancient scn, because his others are about that time...

------------------
        Civ2000 hosted by CivII Universum
        Blah

Comment

Battering rams?
          The fall of Illium?
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

I'm thinking "Guns of August" right now. God would I love a good WWI scenario.

Comment

I was thinking maybe a Civil War project.
              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

How long is he going to leave us hanging before he gives us a hint? Does he do this type of thing often?
                "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Guns... big guns... it's the Germans! They're closing in on Paris, they'll be here within the day, maybe even the hour! I'll water my plants with Champagne before I let the Germans drink it...

Hey, the world can always use more WWII scenarios.
                  The strategically impaired,
                  -Cal

Comment

Yes...the winds blowing south from Belgium contain a VERY strong odor of cordite. And that noise! It's like God's Kettle Drum, booming in the distance. Just look at the fields around us.....the grain shakes and the poppies quiver just moments before the sound reaches our ears!

A vision rises before our eyes, yea a certainty even. Dark and grotesque, it is. A great scythe shall surely slice through these very fields, but the harvest won't be grain or corn. It is hot and it is August, and somewhere Mars chuckles and sharpens his blade.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

New scenario, Kull? Ancient? Please, give us something more...

------------------
                      Civ2000 hosted by CivII Universum
                      Blah

Comment

Check this out:
                        http://members.nbci.com/kull1/guns/guns.html

(Look closely and you just might see something that - to the best of my knowledge - has never appeared on a map before)

And yes, Eternal gets the blue ribbon......

(Edit: Fixed link)
                        [This message has been edited by Kull (edited May 12, 2001).]

Comment

I swear I heard or read that before. I just can't place it though. You definitely have my interest peaked.
                          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Kull on 05-11-2001 11:52 PM
                            Yes...the winds blowing south from Belgium contain a VERY strong odor of cordite. And that noise! It's like God's Kettle Drum, booming in the distance. Just look at the fields around us.....the grain shakes and the poppies quiver just moments before the sound reaches our ears!

A vision rises before our eyes, yea a certainty even. Dark and grotesque, it is. A great scythe shall surely slice through these very fields, but the harvest won't be grain or corn. It is hot and it is August, and somewhere Mars chuckles and sharpens his blade.

A ha! It's definitely a WWI scenario.

To me though, all WWI scenarios seem the same because they only let the war play out like it did historically... Costly battles where hardly any land is exchanged, and rarely are cities captured, if at all.

Will this one be different?
                            -Cal

Comment

Hey, shouldn't I get honorable mention? I was only one roman numeral away...

edit: Your image depicts the 'lovely' xoom members logo...
                              [This message has been edited by Cal (edited May 12, 2001).]
                              -Cal

Comment

Working...
                              X