Originally posted by axi
I voted for Apocalypse now.
I has 2 times more classic scenes than all other films put together.
As for the guy who mentioned "Starship Troopers": Apart from it being scifi, tell me, where's the was in that one? What one sees in that film is nothing but endless slaughter, which is caused by the screaming lack of firepower on the troopers side. They were all on foot and carriying low caliber weapons for crying out loud! An armored battalion would have slaughtered those bugs anytime, but those boys were all on foot!
Starship Troopers also has 2 classical scenes
1) The mixed gender shower scene ( o Y o ) !!!
2) The Brain Bug sucking the guy's head out AARRGGHH!!!
But it is crappy for an enless number of reasons.
1) What is the probability for an insect-like creature on a planet in another solar system to be able to pick up a huge stone, give it high enough velocity to leave the planet, make the stone travel trough space into another solar system, hit the earth in it's orbit and destroy a major town, when the greater part of earth is water and most of the land mass is inhabited?
2) How could the human retaliation force reach the other solar system within what seems to be just a month or two?
3) I hardly doubt that the intention of the humans would be to conquer the enemy planet, but rather to destroy the threath and get back home. So why did they land 1000's of infantry soldiers before they bombed or nuked the ugly bugs to ashes?