Missing Sound Files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had four problems with missing soundfiles:

- KnightDeath.wav :: Checked the sound folder and found that the file was addressed as "Knight Death.wav". Just renamed it and it worked.

- GalleonFidget.wav
    - FrigateFidget.wav
    - BattleshipFidget.wav :: I found none of them in the corresponding folders, so I have to copy another file and rename it to fix the problem. However, that idea of copying the needed files from the Civ3 CD is quite good!

Comment

But how can I extract the files located inside data1.cab and data2.cab?

Comment

for extract cab files from a setup archive ,use i6comp

myplc.com/sony/i6comp_howto.htm

Comment

Re: Sound Files missing

Originally posted by wildcard_73
          Hi,
          I think that I have a solution to your problem but it will require you to have a cable modem. Go to this site and save the downloadable file for civilization III, http://www.sharewaresoft.com/Civiliz...ads-21584.htm.
          Install the files on your hard drive. This will place all of the sound files in the installed directory. Copy those files to your hard drive where you originally installed the game. This should fix your problem. Question, do you have a cracked version of Civilization 3 because I have some more information for you about this situation.

Have Fun
          I just found this forum... and have been having the same basic problem as has been shown here. However, the link you posted is no longer active (it links to a Smugglers 2 download. If anyone has the download available, or knows where to find it, I would really appreciate the help.

Comment

i have the same problem. i looked around their website and couldnt find any file to do with civilization. I am completely stuck on what to do

Comment

Working...
            X