No announcement yet.

Fast PBEM duels - a try to start a new kind of Civ2 entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would be so busy with fast PBEMs and therefore not so busy with GOTMs...
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

We could use a replacement for a missing player in the Seeds of Greatness "Ancient Empires" PBEM.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

It is a pity to be a best Civ2 player in the world. If only the gap between me and other strong players wouldn't be so large. Everybody is afraid of playing with me.

Comment

I, for one, got my butt kicked and know better than to try again soon....

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette in Hall of Fame thread
            I consider that samson is definitely the best civ2 player of all times and it is highly surprising that he was not in the HoF yet.
            Ehm...ehm...

off topic
            Personal note towards LF: I will show you in Seeds of Greatness PBEM. I only need to crush that weak Assyrian civ so that I can teach you who is the best!
            Last edited by SlowThinker; January 21, 2005, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
              It is a pity to be a best Civ2 player in the world. If only the gap between me and other strong players wouldn't be so large. Everybody is afraid of playing with me.
              I expected a queue of opponents after these words ... and nothing
              Last edited by SlowThinker; January 21, 2005, 21:50.

Comment

Ehm...ehm...

Personal note towards LF: I will show you in Seeds of Greatness PBEM. I only need to crush that weak Assyrian civ so that I can learn you who is the best!
                We say in french: "Ne vendez pas la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué".

That weak Assyrian civ is not that weak IMO, and it might be quite a job to crush it.

That being said, it is perfectly true that you are one of civ2 very strong players, at least IMHO.
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

off topic

Off topic:
                  Heh. Assyria will be a breakfast for me, Hittites a lunch and your Minoans a cake only.

We say in french: "Ne vendez pas la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué".
                  Seriously now: It looks I fooled you so that you really over-estimate my abilities. I think I have no chance against Assyria.
                  Last edited by SlowThinker; January 19, 2005, 13:51.

Comment

I will try a duel.

Comment

Aargh, you caught me ... ehm, ehm ... I cannot play right now ... ehm .... I have no time now... ehm ... let's wait a little...

(Seriously, I will have an infrequent Internet connection in February and March. Or - if you want to start now and to interrupt...?
                      But I am happy somebody answered)

Comment

I am the Champ ! I am the Champ !

Whenever you want to a chance to regain the title, just email me. Not sure I get the idea, though... it is basically a 2-person PBEM in which we agree to move quickly on certain agreed-upon days ?

Comment

ST esteems a new best Civ2 player in the world!

Yes, certain agreed-upon days, quickly=15 min or 4 hours, anyway it is good to make more turns in a day.

Comment

(here are a few people who think they are the best civ2 player in the world)

(and here is samson who doesn't post here any longer: what a pity!)

Comment

The Great Teacher (debeest) suggested some english words to be replaced:
                              'expected' for 'supposed' and 'teach' for 'learn' (yes, a slight diference only)

LF, I always thought your english abilities are very good...but I have to inform you that 'The best' means there may be only one such person.

Comment

LF, I always thought your english abilities are very good...but I have to inform you that 'The best' means there may be only one such person.
                                IMO each of those people think he is "The best" and there is only one such person: himself. But they are all wrong, since samson already sits on the throne.

Comment

Working...
                                X