I want my Cultural Victory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my Cultural Victory!

I decided to go for a cultural victory with the Egyptians on a standard sized map. When I hit the 100,000 cultural point mark I got nothing. I managed to rack up over 120,000 cultural points before I launched my space ship. Is this a bug?

You must have either: (1) 20k culture in one city, or (2) 100k culture and double the culture of your nearest competitor.

Sounds like you probably had 100+ culture but not twice as much as the nearest civ.

Catt

Comment

I wasn't aware of the double the culture rule. The Byzantines did have about 60,000 when I hit 100,000. That makes it even more difficult. I guess I'll go back to building space ships. Thanks for answering!

Comment

Well you could always keep adding culture until you had double you opponents' culture. It may take you until 150k or so, but you could still do it.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

cultuer victory at lower levels is easiest , i switch it off when palying at those levels, havetn managed a cultural win at deity so it may be harder then....
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Much harder at the highest level. This is due to your not getting many of the early wonders. Hence it is harder to get that 20K city.

Comment

Just start sacking Byzantine cities--preferably ones w/ large amounts culture points. Eventually their culture will drop and you'll have the victory.
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Eventually their culture will drop and you'll have the victory
                Capturing or destroing cities does not reduce total culture of the civilization. Cultre cannot be reduced (unless you introduce improvements with negative culture output). Taking cities undercut abilities to produce culture.

Obviously, eliminating competitor will take care of the problem as well.

Comment

Working...
                X