For whom the Bells Toll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For whom the Bells Toll...

Well, not exactly Hemingway, but it's a heck of a lot better!! Many new and unseen units like the Renault and the monstrous Pershing. This is free to use and distribute. Questions/comments are always welcome. Next: more....

------------------
    "We sought to throw a raging lion ashore; what we got was a stranded whale!" -Winston Curchill on the Battle of Anzio

"Quis custodes ipsos custodiet?" -Juvenal

"I can walk!!" -Dr. Strangelove
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

I guess the French and Italian tanks indicate that Captain Nemo has been doing a bit of work on possible France 1940 and North African senarios...

------------------
    If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error
    -John Kenneth Galbraith
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Another excellent setup Anzac (Not to blow my own horn) Are you planning to place these collections on a website?

Comment

I'm not sure whether or not I'll make a webpage for these compiltions. I already have a site, but it isn't so swift. What do you think?

------------------
        "We sought to throw a raging lion ashore; what we got was a stranded whale!" -Winston Curchill on the Battle of Anzio

Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

ANZAC, in North Africa italian crews cutted off the ceiling from the upper turret...
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Maybe get someone else to "host" them. There are some quality Civ2 sites out there.
            Who would like to?
            Three collections:
            Soviet-German-Allied tanks and vehicles of WW2

BTW that new 20mm FlakVierling I just made would be nice in the German collection... I guess it could also go with a WW2 Infantry collection since it's more in scale with the Pak38 gun with a larger scale crew.
            In my Soviet collection I didn't include the 76mmAT gun or the heavy MG and the MG34/42 didn't make it with the German collection either.

Comment

Nemo, I´d like to host this units on my site.

Question: Can I add the Allied and German tanks to the Russian tanks so that I have one single tank collection from you? That´s easier to handle (upload etc.) I´ll upload the units next weekend, if you agree...

------------------
              Civ2000
              Blah

Comment

Can I add them too to CSC as soon as I do a next update?

Where is the Soviet collection then, by the way? I only saw the Allied and German collections so far.

Comment

I would say yes, but Anzac actually made the German and Allied compilations to look like my Soviet one so he should also approve this. Do you have the Soviet pack?

Comment

These are the Soviet tanks I have.

ANZAC, is it ok to add the Allied and German tanks you compiled to the collection above for a release on my site?

------------------
                    Civ2000
                    Blah

Comment

Allard and BeBro: Yep, you can add them to your sites, I don't have a problem with that at all.

Edit: Also I'm in the midst of making a compilation of Warplanes of World War 2, so once that comes up you're free to put it on your sites.

------------------

[This message has been edited by The ANZAC (edited October 24, 2000).]

Comment

I can host it too, but I'd like to wait until the warplanes are done so that I can advertise it as a WW2 "graphics" collection...
                        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Thanks, Nemo and ANZAC!

------------------
                          Civ2000
                          Blah

Comment

Just in case you missed it or it's a pain to go back and forth, I'm posting my panzer compilation, so you can see it easier.

Edit: I have updated this compilation with minor changes.
                            ------------------

[This message has been edited by The ANZAC (edited December 19, 2000).]

Comment

I have no tanks collection, but if you need an italian WW2 tank pic I'm the man... send me an e-mail, maybe i can help you...
                              Just curious, how many of you Apolytoners know about model P 40 tank ?
                              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Working...
                              X