Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLADIATORS - 'poly

Gladiators!

Following the insane success of Nuclear War and Mafia another game where you can kill your fellow posters - but this time its personal!

The Dead Simple Rules

Each player is a gladiator, forced to fight for our amusement in one-on-one combat. YAY!

Action Pool
    • Each player starts with an action pool of 10.
    • In a fight the player must choose how many of thier action points to allocate, and post this to the umpire.
    • Winners will improve thier action pool.
    • Losers will be dead.

Combat
    • Each player PM's the umpire with how they will split their action pool.
    • There are three categories - skill, dodge and power.
    • The umpire compares the skill of each player with the dodge of the other player. If the skill is higher than the dodge, then a hit is scored. In the case of a draw see below under "challenges"
    • When a player is hit, then their action pool is reduced by the power of the opponent, for the duration of that fight.
    • When a player is reduced to 1 action pool point or less, they lose. Zero or less they are DEAD.
    • It is possible that both gladiators kill each other

Challenges
    • A player can challenge any other player to a fight. They MUST accept, or be branded a coward and permanatly lose one from thier action pool. The one who is challenged decides if a draw is a defender-win or an attacker-win. An umpire is then selected (can be anyone)
    • Anyone can offer to be an umpire for a fight between two gladiators. They must accept the challenge, or be branded cowards etc etc... An umpire says before hand if a draw is a defender-win or an attacker-win.
    • A player can only refuse a challenge without penalty if they are already in a fight.
    • Any fighter not responding to a challenge in 48 hours is judged to have "wimped out" and loses one action pool point permanantly.
    • Winning a fight brings the reward of gaining one APP permanatly, so it's a good idea to win as many as possible. Fast play is rewarded.
    • Umpires should post results in this thread as the game progresses.
    • After a fight any survivors are fully healed.

Example
    Skanky challenges Spike to a fight.
    Spike accepts.
    ADG is the umpire.
    Skanky sends PM "skill 3, dodge 4, power 3 =10"
    Spike sends PM "skill 3, dodge 2, power 5 = 10"
    ADG posts results "Skanky hits Spike with power 3. Spike misses Skanky.
    The two gladiators send new PMs. This time Spike only has 7 points to distribute.

Eventually one player is defeated (could take 15 minutes if everyone's on the ball)

So, who's in? Any number of people can play, you can join at anytime, and you can even start a new gladiator if you are killed (if you must)

You gotta love these simple rules I dreamed up in the pub tonight
    Split those points between attack, defense and damage. If your skill beats their dodge you hit for your power. Pure simple one-on-one killing strategy. Win the fight to get more points to split.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

I'm in of course. Jamskius Maximus, the badass Gallic spearman!!!!!

And I'll take a challenge from ANYONE!

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

I am officially NOT signing in for this!
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

We have our first COWARD!

-Jam

Comment

Jamski do you just make these games up?

Anyway the chance to spill Skanky's blood is too tempting.........I'm in.

Comment

What if a player allocates 10 points to dodge each turn?
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Then they never do damage I suppose, or receive any.

Comment

Then the fight will be very boring. Imagine one gladiator just running around the arena, having dropped his sword to run faster. The crowd will boooo! Of course its allowed, but you won't win that way.

Jamski do you just make these games up?
                I wrote :
                You gotta love these simple rules I dreamed up in the pub tonight
                See?

I'd like to see Spike vs Skank

-Jam

Comment

I'll join.
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Well wouldn't it be best to have 8 players sign up then have a knockout tourney, with the person who wins the final bout being the Ultimate Gladiator?

Comment

Why stop at 8?

But having death as permanant, with the last man standing the ultimate gladiator, that I like

Players so far :
                      Jamskius Maximus (10 APP's)
                      Spikian of Physiciae (10 APP's)
                      Fratre Tassadarius (10 APP's)

Keep them coming.

-Jam

Comment

Well it has to be 8, 16, 32 etc.........8 seems reasonable since with lots of players it'll take ages.

Comment

Nah, you wanna have free challenge till everyone is dead. Or fixed fights by wannabe umpires. Then anyone can play.

Or we can have an 8-man knockout, I'm easy really

But now I must sleep.

-Jam

Comment

I'm willing to try it out...
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I have been mentioned twice already in this thread.
                              My honour must be defended!
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X