I keep crashing down..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep crashing down..

I had a game I started and was playing last nite. I saved and came back to it this morning 11/25. Now I can play for one or two turns and I crash out to desktop. My capitol was working on a wonder I never heard called something Zero in the name. I am tempted to uninstalled and reinstall but wanted your advice first.

Please help if you can.

Lars

One important question is which mod do you play larsenex. For instance if you play Apolyton Pack and you set in your userprofile.txt MaxPlayers higher than NumPlayers you experience crashes if a new civilisation is formed.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I use the apolyton pack, but I have not tinkered with the max number of players. I seem to have fixed the problem somewhat with reinstalling everything. I am having a silly old time using the "leemur" cheat and building up everything impossibly fast. By the way is it possible to play with more than one mod at a time? If given a choice, what mods would play with..Apoly or Cradle?
      Thanks for the response by the way...

Lars

Comment

Originally posted by larsenex
        By the way is it possible to play with more than one mod at a time? If given a choice, what mods would play with..Apoly or Cradle?
        Only GoodMod is a addon for ApolytonPack or MedPack or CityMod2, maybe the CityExpansion Set and Visible Wonders can be used with other mods but I don't recall with which mods in particular, but probably you can look it up in the Apolyton directory before you download them.

Cradle and Call to Conquest already include a version of GoodMod by default.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Though I can't give you my opinion about the mod you should play (I am only playing with the SAP2) I know that the Cradle Mod is considered as the best challenge by the experienced players. I am currently testing Martin's GoodMod through the Democracy Game and the AI is more competitive whereas the mod stays close of the original game (this is what I like with the SAP2, it is CtP2 as it should be).

Don't forget to change the DebugSlic=Yes line to DebugSlic=No in the userprofile.txt file that should be located in your C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp folder.
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i also experiment the craching of my saved games, but i never installed any patch or mod... i play under XP.

i used to have this problem on CTP 1, with W98

thanks for help...

Tof

Comment

I have not yet started a new game on my brand new XP configuration but you should try the reloadslic trick as soon as you load your saved game, it will initialize again a few things before you go on with the game.

Hit the ' key to call the chat window, type /reloadslic into the text box, press Enter to execute the command and then Enter again to close the chat window.

I have also heard that the Quicksave (the "Sauvegarde Rapide") is sometimes buggy though I have never experienced any problem with it.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks for the trick, Tamerlin, but it did not work.

I can't open any chat windows. My CTP2 close as soon as i start loading.

i go on looking for a solution...

wait and see.

Comment

You should install the patch though you will have to start a new game.

You should try to run the game in Win98 Compatibility Mode, if it does not work, uninstall the game and install it again in Compatibility Mode, it allowed me to solve many problems with "old" games under Win2000, it should also work under WinXP.

Comment

it works again... I can't say exactly what trick worked, but i was able to back up my saved game...

thanks for help

and let there be rock...

Comment

Working...
                    X