A New UN Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New UN Model

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I'm disappointed to see UN fail. I'd like to believe in it and I believe it's a good idea. But it just doesn't meet the demands of modern day problems.

So, how about we create 3 or 4 different unions, that are like UN, but devided geographically. Let's say Asia is one. Europe and Africa is one, and Americas with Australia is one.

Now we have 3 powerful unions, and no one dares to challenge each other, because it would be just horrible. Every country couldn't wage war, they'd have to go through their own union. If they, however decide to attack another country anyway, it will face the whole other union.

We should devide these countries into 3 unions, so that the 3 unions would be equally big and powerful.. how about it?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Good idea in principle, but Denmark would vote no for sure

Comment

Sounds like 1984
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

TheStinger, DIEEEEEEEEEEE!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

This doesn't mean any isolating or changes to current relations. Only changes through how we can do war from now on, and how we can pass UN resolutions inside unions.
          In da butt.

Comment

Good idea in principle, but Sweden would vote no for sure
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              TheStinger, DIEEEEEEEEEEE!
              that seems a bit harsh
              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Good idea in principle, but Finland would vote no for sure
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

When you unite Africa with Europe, be sure to throw in the middle east, including everything east of Iran, for good measure. Oh man, I would just have to see that!
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

i like that idea. but, a few modifications.

1. move all interunion financial banks to downtown tokyo, downtown seoul, or downtown hong kong.
                    2. allow protectionism in the asian union against other unions in trade, but other unions cannot impose tarrifs on asian goods.
                    3. regular inspections of weapons of mass destruction of all nations, carried out by impartial asian observers.
                    B♭3

Comment

My best mate claims to come from the future, and says that the world will be pretty much like this, with one crucial difference; it'll be divided up along the lines of DVD region codes. Oh, and all currency will be abolished in favour of the single world currency; neon. Therefore, Region 2 will be the richest nation on Earth, since it includes Japan, which he claims is covered in neon lights.

I think he needs help.
                      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Uhm I didn't think that it would be divided that strongly. Current things stay as they are, but UN would divide itself into these new unions. With new rules naturally.
                        In da butt.

Comment

The UN already is supposed to work alongside regional agencies, such as the OAU and the OAS, and can accept as peacekeepers forces collected by such organizations. The likelyhood of some Pan-Asia org is remote, given the hisotry of these regions, and really Australia would have to be with Asia, not America, since thier issues are Pacific ones, and Indonesia is very close, while the Americas are a very large Ocean away.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

America votes NO.
                            Vote Democrat
                            Support Democracy

Comment

That's because you all want to live in a mess and conflicts. Ok well, let's not have peace for ever.. Pekka tried to help the world but NOOOOoo the world voted no.. Your choice.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X