Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to find where all the strategic resources are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to find where all the strategic resources are?

I just got railroad but I need coal to build, and for the first time I can remember I dont have coal in my strategic box.

The trade advisor isnt much help and there doesnt seem to be any AI Civs who are willing to trade. Anyone know a way of finding out where the coal is on my Huge Pangea?

CTRL-SHFT-M will remove all the cities / units / improvements from the map so you can more easily see the resources (and the same keystroke returns everything to normal).

Be forewarned though that since you discovered steam power, you can see coal; but if an AI hasn't discovered Steam Power it will not see coal, even if it has multiple sources connected in its empire - and therefore it won;t be able to trade you any until the AI has the ability to "see" the coal by learning Steam Power.

Catt

Comment

yes, there's a pattern
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The advisor will not be of any help, if the civs do not have knowledge of Steam Power or have not connected any source of coal that they have, if they do have the tech.

You will need to also have a trade route if they finally get teh tech and the coal.

Comment

But the fact of the matter is, that there should be a search function that shows you where resources are on the parts of the map that you have discovered.

One of the few minor complaints I have left about Civ 3.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
            The advisor will not be of any help, if the civs do not have knowledge of Steam Power or have not connected any source of coal that they have, if they do have the tech.

You will need to also have a trade route if they finally get teh tech and the coal.
            The tech is not required in C3C. In my first game, I was able to trade with the Sumerians for their coal and Steam Power showed as a tech that they did not have. I'll try to get a screenshot tonight if I still have the save.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

That would be a fundamental change. You mean you have steam power showing up as a trade item that you could offer them?

Comment

The tech is not required in C3C. In my first game, I was able to trade with the Sumerians for their coal and Steam Power showed as a tech that they did not have. I'll try to get a screenshot tonight if I still have the save.
                I dont think this is the case.

I went back to the turn I got Steam Power, traded it to all the remaining Civs. Only China ended up having some to spare. They are way behind in the tech race and its costing me 2 techs every 20 turns to get my railroad network built

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  yes, there's a pattern
                  so full of information, so whats the pattern ???
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

you have to find it
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

me thoguht the pattern was only in Civ2.. Didnt know civ3 had one too..

And even then it probalby not tell you excalty where each specific one is

Comment

AH is just spamming Ras, there is no pattern in Civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          AH is just spamming Ras, there is no pattern in Civ3.
                          geez and i get in trouble when i people think i a spammer, at leadt i paly the bloody games

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                            me thoguht the pattern was only in Civ2.. Didnt know civ3 had one too..
                            The "pattern" is in that the resources aren't placed completely randomly - that is, there is an algorithm for placing them. In civ2 there was just an actual pattern in the sense that the resources were all aligned the same relative to each other. Not the same thing.

Comment

oh ok, that would be trying to learn to much info take the fun from game

Comment

Working...
                              X