Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guynemer, the prophet?

A couple nights ago, I had a prophetic dream:

November, 2004. Election night. Results are coming in, and the Dean-Clark ticket is laying the wood to Bush-Cheney. They hit 270 before Bush hits 20. It is a landslide of epic proportions.

This raises two questions:

1. Could this be a prophecy of things to come?

2. What does it say about me that I dream about this stuff instead of being trapped on a tropical isle with Halle Berry, a young Raquel Welch, the Swedish bikini team, and the Latex Babes Of Estros?

...er... I mean being trapped on a tropical isle with my fiancee... naturally...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Guynemer, the "king of wishful thinking" would be closer to the truth.

You're probably right on the Dean-Clark ticket though

Comment

I want to live in your dream world Guynemer.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I want you to live in his dream world, too.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I will not be razzed by a figment of somebody else's imagination

Comment

It seems like you are.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm a figment of your imagination.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Like that's news.

Comment

Only I'm in control.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

One sleepwalking episode and they think they're GOD.

Comment

They hit 270 before Bush hits 20. It is a landslide of epic proportions.
                        I want some of whatever you smoked last night. Must be the good stuff.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                          One sleepwalking episode and they think they're GOD.

Sounds like someone's requesting a right good smiting.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Re: Guynemer, the prophet?

Bah! You can have his dream world. I'd rather be . . .

Originally posted by Guynemer
                            trapped on a tropical isle with Halle Berry, a young Raquel Welch, the Swedish bikini team, and the Latex Babes Of Estros?

Comment

You're still a medical student right? You're just probably suffering the kind of emotional trauma most slugs do early in their careers, but not to worry, you'll soon get over it. What you need to do is to try to have more useful nightmares....err, dreams. As you try to go to bed concentrate on visualizing the points at which amino acid metabolism interfaces with the Krebs cycle, or go over the work up for chest pain, or etc., etc. Remember, no one in the medical profession likes a slacker, so put those precious hours of sleep to good use.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X