Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term 120 through 130

Turn 122:
    Bad news! several silicoid warships are headed towards our colony, ambassadors have been withdrawn after the shalako taunting incident, and war now seems inevitable.

Our colony finished a holosimulator and is now going to train spies for my internal security force.

Turn 123:

Our scientists have discovered advanced metallurgy, as a result we can now
    1)Travel slightly further with our ships!
    2)Put tritanium on our warships that we don't have yet.

Advanced chemistry will be the next research target.

The silicoids have formally declared war on us, and glassed our poor, defenseless outpost. Hundreds are dead, many of them women and children.
    with the loss of our outpost we have lost contact with the silicoids.

Turn 124:
    Our heavy gravity colony may acutally be able to build stuff now, its robotics mining plant has finished.

Turn 125:
    Several buildings were finished, my first internal security spy was finished, and our scout craft, fully laden with thousands of refugees has returned to our home system.

Turn 127:
    Our scientists have discovered advanced chemistry

With this technology we have:
    1)new and improved missiles with which to keep our colony in line
    2)And those pollution processors the epa has been *****ing at us to install.

Our next tech target will be advanced magnetism.

Finally our homeworld will install a pollution processor.

Turn 128:
    A pollution processor has been finished, and as a result we don't have to spend as much cleaning up pollution any more.

turn 129:
    Additional infrastructure was finished on scenic Darlenia 3

Turn 130:
    We are mere moments away from learning the secrets of advanced magnetism.

Here is the run down:
    We are at war with the silicoids.
    We can build a battleship with 9 interceptors in 10 turns, and a battleship loaded with mirv nukes in 12 turns.
    We can switch advanced magnetism to the biology line to get to terraforming faster.

So here is what I need to know:
    Do we switch research to get to terraforming faster, or get mass drivers and class 1 shields then terraforming?
    Do we start on a battleship yet? and if so what design?

As always, rename save8.gam.sav save8.gam
    Attached Files

Silicoid ships are coming.
    Attached Files

Comment

Declaration of war
      Attached Files

Comment

Discovery of advanced metallurgy.
        Attached Files

Comment

spy being trained.
          Attached Files

Comment

scout arrives home
            Attached Files

Comment

Pollution processor discovery.
              Attached Files

Comment

production before a PP is installed.
                Attached Files

Comment

And after one is installed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

10 turns till the construction of a battleship(Just for example, we are not building 1 yet)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Do we switch research to get to terraforming faster, or get mass drivers and class 1 shields then terraforming?

We are now in war and we need better military technology, mass drivers class 1 shields fist.

Do we start on a battleship yet?

Same to this, start building battleships.
                      The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                      - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

Let's go the Mirv Nuke route (I've always made the CA vs. BB, so this may interesting to see)
                        Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Ok, ill do the next 10 turns tommorrow at 5:00, decide on the design, for example do we use all the mods for nuclear weapons or just mirv?

Comment

may be the some of the missiles (10% for example) must be armored, and they should be fired first to eat up the pd's if the enemy has some .....
                            Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Once I have extra mini capability, I usually set up "faster" missiles (1, maybe 2) as well as my bulk (maybe 9, 10) so that the "faster" missiles attrack the defensive measures. Haven't done any serious checking to see the results -- half of the time the enemy runs.
                              Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Working...
                              X