Conquests AI changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquests AI changes

I don't think this was in PTW, but very early on in my first Standard game of conquests (which I quit) under Monarch, I noticed the AI had variable demands for workers.

The Russians wanted 120 gold for the works. I got them for 110. (the usual 10 gold discount)

A few turns later, the Incas had three workers and they wanted 140 gold EACH, and after haggling, they wanted 130 gold for each and the demand was firm.

If I recall correctly, workers in PTW were priced at a flat rate of 120 gold by the AI on their request screen.

Can anyone else confirm this?
    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

OK, can't quite put my hand on it, but I played more of the Monarch game I quit. I think I won't have a chance of winning. Bad start + boxed in.

But the AI is really operating at a different level. Their trades are just very interesting. I had the Mayans offer workers for me for 100 gold too. There's definately pricing issues going on in the background.

Comment

I bought workers at different prices from different civs so far.

Comment

Yeah. Was this pricce variability in PTW? I don't recall.

Seems like trades in general have more price variability too. Techs, you name it.

Comment

From what I saw in the Mesopotamia scenario, it looks like the CPU uses colonies a lot more. The egyptians built a road all the way across N. Africa just to get at the stone way over there, and I saw the Myceneans using them a bunch.

Comment

A.I. A Formidable Military Opponent!

The A.I. appears to be much more "intelligent" in all aspects, especially militarily. This becomes very apparent at higher difficulty levels.

While playing the Rise of Rome Scenario, the Celts and other related tribes launched a two pronged attack with massive and concentrated forces. Even though I had each border city heavily defended with II legionaries, they were hit with huge numbers of attackers, and finally overwhelmed. I was impressed! The attack just came out of the blue, without any warning, and it was overwhelming, and at two very distant locations, which divided my forces and reinforcements!

Comment

Anyone tried a Debug-game yet?
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Spain offered me alphabet for 200g then,same turn, Netherlands offered it to me for 90g...

Not sure if it just got devalued during the AI turn or if they wanted dif amounts?

Otherwise, I can barely hold 'em off and I really enjoy the enslaving thing...
                If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
                Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

Can some of the Atari guys confirm the changes to the AI? Cause as far as we've been told, they changed little from the "old" AI. They have confirmed that AI is better at naval warfare though (can someone confirm this?).
                  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Haven't played the game long enough yet to see if the AI is really different. I can comment on this though.....

In the ancient era during a PTW game I would be able to buy Ironworking from a polite ai civ for < 100 gold. Here in C3C the ai doesn't give away bargain techs anymore even if they've been discovered by everyone else for a while. This is just my experience so far.
                    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Re: Conquests AI changes

Originally posted by dexters
                      If I recall correctly, workers in PTW were priced at a flat rate of 120 gold by the AI on their request screen.
                      In Play the World, I've bought Workers for 140 Gold (minimum AI asking price) and also 110 Gold. This is not new behaviour. Remember that prices are affected by the AI's Attitude toward you, and probably a bunch of other things as well. Just like techs do not always cost the same amount, so it is with Workers. 120 Gold is the "base" cost.

Incidentally, I still think this needs to be upped a little, considering the AI is willing to sell Workers disregarding the fact that it needs them. 160 seems a lot better. A better fix would be a function to calcuate whether or not an AI civ can "spare" the Workers and set the price accordingly, but that's not likely to get implemented.

Dominae
                      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I feel like I'm gonna spend the whole weekend reading threads and saying to myself "holy sh*t, there's a lot of new stuff to figure out".
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

There is Theseus, but hopefully it will be fun.

Comment

Re: Re: Conquests AI changes

Originally posted by Dominae

In Play the World, I've bought Workers for 140 Gold (minimum AI asking price) and also 110 Gold. This is not new behaviour. Remember that prices are affected by the AI's Attitude toward you, and probably a bunch of other things as well. Just like techs do not always cost the same amount, so it is with Workers. 120 Gold is the "base" cost.
                            Dominae
                            You're probably right. But going entirely from my gut, it seems like the AI is much more prone to price discriminate in C3C, which makes shopping around a lot more worthwhile.

On other stuff, the AI invasion algorithms has been changed. I'm not sure how effective it will be yet. I sort of tested it out tonight in a hopeless Monarch game I am playing. Bad start, no strategic resources, only 1 luxury.

Anyways, America declared war on me and I waited for their ships to come. And come it did. Two stacks of 3 galleons and 6 frigates by my count and instead of piecemeal landings, the first stack to arrive poked around my coast a little and made me nervous, having really no substantial navy to face it.
                            What's interesting was that instead of PTW style piecemeal landings, the first stack sailed around the coast to meet the second stack, which appeared out from a blindspot (fog-of war) and in D-day like fashion landed 8 calavry units together on the same turn, and into one giant cavalry stack.

No more circus style landing parties consisting of outdated units.

Comment

The Barbarian AI seems to have gotten broken somewhere along the line. I've noticed that they tend to just sit on their encampments (even after an uprising). I've only done a couple of starts so far, but I noticed the same behaviour in both.
                              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                              X