Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone be interested in my North Korea scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone be interested in my North Korea scenario?

I was just wondering if there is any interest in a North Korea scenario. To make it good I would need to do quite a lot of work on the existing Korea map as well as a lot of other stuff. Assuming I don't do something stupid like release it when Captain Nemo's next scen comes out, would anyone feel compelled to play it?

I'd like very much to play it!!

My E-mail is kent-jo@world-online.no

Comment

Well, it's sitll in the conceptualizing stage, so it won't be ready for release for at least a couple months.

Comment

That would be great!

What kind of scenario are you considering making? (eg will it be about the Korean War, or a history of North Korea from 1945 to the present [and whatever future the country has])

------------------
        If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error
        -John Kenneth Galbraith
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I haven't quite decided if it will be the entire time from the establishment of the two countries or beginning just after the Korean War, or even starting in 1991. If it's one of the first two possibilities, the length of the scenario could be shorter, but any one of them could potentially last to 2010 (though realistically North Korea has had no real chance of successful occupation of the South since 1980 or even earlier).

What kind do you think would be better? The only problem with the first two is that they might provide too much ability to inject the knowledge of hindsight. I think starting about where things really got hopeless after the Soviet collapse would really be a challenge.

Comment

a korean war scenario would be cool!

i actually wanted to do a korean war scenario, but could never find a map. do u know where i can find one?

------------------
            Long live the King!
            A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

First I don't know if it's going to be about the first Korean war per se, but since I'll have the map I might be able to do that too. I tried one before but I had problems with it.

The Apolyton Archives have one (korea.zip?), but it isn't big enough or cover the territory I would like, so I'm converting it into a bitmap, then adding on parts of China, Japan, Russia, and more sea to the South, then maybe enlarging it to tak advantage of Gigamap.

Comment

I'd love to play it! Can you send it to me via email or something? Or via ICQ.
                My ICQ # is 39470566
                Peace!

Comment

I tried to make a scenario with your map eternal, but it is a lot of work getting the AI to work right is a nightmare I got some units lying around if you want them
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

That's why you have to think about whether you can actually get it to work before you get too excited... Well, I have a good plan on how to make game economics work. How to do the military aspect will be a little harder, but with lots of events and static units it shouldn't be too hard. Modeling the first Korean War could be a bit of a pain to work out, and since I failed before I will probably have any scenario start in 1960 or so.

Sure, send me your graphics (societyeternal@aol.com), I'll see what you had.
                    [This message has been edited by Eternal (edited December 08, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                    X