Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ 2 for mac - graphically better than the windows version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently screenshots are smaller for Mac than Windows, but otherwise, no real difference I can see.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

That just has to do with the moniter and computer. I use a 18" TV screen as a moniter, and at the maximum zoom-out, it looks like the standard zoom. Maybe I'll post a screenshot sometime.
      Vote Democrat
      Support Democracy

Comment

Sometime!?

Put your monitor where your mouth is!
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

the windows look better on a mac.
          Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Everything looks better on a mac.

jon.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

most things look better on a mac
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

OK, so how does one do a screen capture on a Mac? I don't have any graphics-oriented programs, aside from Pictureviewer.

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

command(open-apple), shift, 3.

In OS X it creates a .pdf, in 7+ it creates a PICT file I think you need to change prior to posting here...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                    Apparently screenshots are smaller for Mac than Windows, but otherwise, no real difference I can see.

ACK!
                    To clarify, btw, I just cropped the image I created because I didn't want the whole dang thing to fill the screen, is it needed?

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
                      command(open-apple), shift, 3.

In OS X it creates a .pdf, in 7+ it creates a PICT file I think you need to change prior to posting here...
                      Hey, cool. Hmm. I don't have any conversion programs. Oh, well. When I upgrade and/or ever get the urge to post screen captures, I'll do it then.

Gatekeeper
                      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

If you want to take a pic of a part of the screen use Apple-Shift 4 and you get a crosshair selector. If you press space you get a camera which will automatically take pics of specific windows.

Download the Quickimage plugin and you can crop and scale from the Finder.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

**rubs hands evilly** Yes, that's it, keep the enlightenment flowing!

Gatekeeper

Comment

quickimage is OS X, though, isn't it?

GK still is on something older, 8.6 wasn't it?

If you want the pictures edited, converted, or something, just warn me in a PM and then e-mail them to me and I'll happily do it for you.

Comment

Yep, I'm still creaking along on 8.6 ... Steady as she goes, mate!

Comment

Hey, at least you're to the point that you can use USB devices...

And here I am worried that I'll have to do some heavy hunting for Classic and OS 9 whenever I finally get a new G5 (or by the time I can get a new computer, G6) since I don't know where the install disks are anymore...

Gotta play my Civ! I just need to find Carbonized, unofficial versions of Civ2 and CtP like I did SMAC/SMAX. Or learn how to cargonize myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X