Clear All

• Conquests: Mesopotamia PBEM

Race for the 7 Wonders of the World

----------------------------------------------
    Turn order, civs, emails
    ----------------------------------------------
    1. Sirosis - Egyptians - sirosis@hotmail.com
    2. Wittlich - Mycenaeans - wittlich (at) sbcglobal (dot) net
    3. conmcb25 (ex-Feephi/bfg9000) - Babylonians - conmcb25NOSPAM@bluemarble.net
    4. akulla - Medeans - kilianrog@aol.com
    5. Rhothaerill (ex-benwa73) - Phoenicians - rhothaerill TA comcast TOD net
    6. Beta - Sumerians - brucehynes57 (at) rogers (dot) com
    7. SAMUEL2904 (ex-redstar1) - Hittites - ??????
    ------------------------------------------------

Conquests will be out tomorrow and I'd like to get a game going based on the Mesopotamia scenario. From the info it seems like 7 players will be needed .

I suggest that the civs be random so we won't have everyone trying to play the Hittites or the Sumerians. Since the addition of the Agricultural and Seafaring traits the older civs should play differently as well.

I guess all we need to do is decide on the difficulty. How does Monarch sound?

It is only 160 turns so it should go pretty quick. Post your email and thoughts if interested.

sirosis@hotmail.com
    Last edited by SirOsis; February 10, 2004, 20:55.

I hope to have my copy in a few hours so let's get this thing rolling.

Comment

False alarm. Today I will have it. Another shameless bump. Is the Open PBEM thread still open?

Comment

I've had a chance to look at the scenario and I think it would be a great one to get our PBEM feet wet. It defaults with AP on which would make the game go pretty quick. It is only 160 turns long and we'll need 7 players if we don't want any AI.

Is there any interest?

Comment

Sure SirOsis, I'll "get my feet wet" with you.

Oh and yes, I already have Conquests.

Comment

Excellent. The Ancient Age plays quite differently with the new tech tree. Right now I am trying out the Dromon and Trebuchet in the Island of Bactar tutorial. The Dromon is a most nasty ship to have. It dominates the sea quite easily. I also like the first attack that archers get.

I guess when the Euros get it we'll have a larger response.

So far I am really enjoying Conquests. Not enough time to play though.

Comment

I finished the Mesopotamia conquest and it is a lot of fun. I played Phoenicia because I wanted to dominate the seas. I'm not sure how different the MP game is but if it is anything like the SP version it should be a lot of fun. I really love the ancient age and the units are quite good in this scenario. When the chariots start rolling toward your cities you know you're in for some action.

Wittlich,

You enjoying conquests? I know I am.

Any more takers for this PBEM?

Comment

Yes, actually I am too ... though I haven't tried out the Mesopotamia Conquest yet.

Well, we do need more than just the two of us. Hopefully there will be a few more who want to play it soon.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I'm playing right now as Egypt. I like Egypt's start position. It is strange not being able to irrigate right away.

I'll play this PBEM with you..

Comment

I think that the PBEM game will be different than the SP. It is a different scenario specifically designed for MP and accelerated production is on.

Not sure how different it will be. We'll see. There's 3 now. At this rate we'll be ready by the end of the month!

Comment

I would like in on this if possible.
                      The stupid shall be punished.
                      www.akulla3D.com
                      ^^^
                      "Never interupt your enemy while he is making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

4! We're over halfway. Excellent. Post your email or PM me with it so we can get this started as soon as we have 7.

Comment

I'll play. blieb@pobox.com

Comment

Like moths to the flame! I love it. 2 more...

Comment

Oh, and in case you don't have my email, it's wittlich (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                              X