1. Sirosis - sirosis@hotmail.com
      2. Wittlich - wittlich (at) sbcglobal (dot) net
      3. Feephi - geobru@fastmail.ca
      4. akulla - email PMed
      5. benwa73 - blieb@pobox.com
      6. redstar1 - d.archibald a|t qub.ac.uk
      7. ??

Edit: emails added
      Last edited by SirOsis; November 13, 2003, 15:30.

Comment

best send em to d.archibald a|t qub.ac.uk
        Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

geobru@fastmail.ca

Comment

Ok. Now all we need is one more player and we'll be off! I plan on setting the order so that it will start with the west coast of the us and move east. So the tenative order is:

1. Sirosis
            2. Wittlich
            3. Feephi
            4. akulla
            5. benwa73
            6. redstar1

Comment

Sounds good to me.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Can we make the last player a computer player?

Comment

I suppose we could if no one else wants to join but I would like it to be all human players. 7 players is a lot for a PBEM but since this conquest is only 160 turns it shouldn't last more than a year.

Once the game is released in Europe (tomorrow) we should be able to pick up another player easily.

I think with 7 human players this scenario will be highly engrossing. I love the Ancient age and with the new tech tree and player positions this game should be highly entertaining from the beginning.

Comment

We should also decide on a difficulty. I initially said Monarch but think Emperor might be better. Of course we could try Sid...

Comment

Depends on the level of player really.. I've played only a couple of games on Emperor but hey, I don't mind...

I also think we should hold off for another human player as I don't want to get conquered by the AI.... I mean how embarassing!
                      Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

The difficulty wouldn't be as big of a difference as compared with SP since we'd all be starting without additional units or advantages that the AI would have.

The difficulty would only affect happiness, corruption and barbarian strength. Maybe research rate as well.

I usually play Monarch because the game is fun when I don't need to micromanage every detail.

So where is the last player? You know you want to get in on this game.

Comment

I concur. Since this is our first PBEM Conquests game, IMHO, I believe that we should stick with the setting on Monarch.

Of course we could try Sid...
                          SirOsis, you are looking to get your butt spanked, aren't you?!? I haven't been so bold as to play on the Sid setting yet in my SP games!
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I'm afraid to try Sid. I think the amount of enjoyment would be extremely low due to the micromanagement required to have a chance.

Comment

As I said before, I'm playing SP game of this scenario right now. I'm playing Egypt at Demigod and I am surprised at how easy it is to research. I'm only as far as 3000bc, but with science @ 90%, I can get a tech in 6 or 7 turns with 3 cities size 2 or 3. In the Epic game on Demigod, I expect to keep my Science at 10%. Science production must be accelerated for human player here.

Comment

I'm out pimping this PBEM again. All we need is 1 more. You know you want to play an excellent Ancient age PBEM. Look no further than here.

Comment

Working...
                                X