Modern Infantry units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Infantry units

I`m currently working on a graphics file containing pictures of modern infantry, all with national flags drawn over the shields, a la the swastikas on the Nazi troops in Red Front. It has just occurred to me; is there any need for such a thing? Is anyone interested particularly? And if anyone is, is there any particular nation you would like to see an icon for?

That would be great!

------------------
    If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error
    -John Kenneth Galbraith
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Good to know that someone would think so. I`m telling you now, it`s no great work of art, and I ripped most of the actual units themselves from other sources, and only drew the shields on them. But I`m pressing on to get more nations. Is there any particular one you`d like to see in it?

Comment

Chinese infantry...modern, PLA, ROC. KMT and Red Army of WWII era
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Oh! I'd love being able to avoid the work of drawing North and South Korean infantry units.

Comment

mmm, I probably should have suggested some countries on my earlier post. How about sheilds/units for NATO (and the major member countries of the alliance), Russia and the USSR, India and Pakistan.
            If you'd like I can send you shields I've drawn for India and Pakistan.

------------------
            If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error
            -John Kenneth Galbraith
            [This message has been edited by Case (edited November 16, 2000).]
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

So far, I have icons for modern (1990`s onwards) infantry, with shields:

1. Portugal
              2. Israel
              3. Germany
              4. Netherlands
              5. France
              6. Spain
              7. United Kingdom
              8. Italy
              9. Sweden
              10. Greece
              11. Belgium
              12. Hungary
              13. Denmark
              14. Lithuania
              15. Poland
              16. Belarus
              17. Ireland
              18. Finland
              19. Norway
              20. China
              21. Somalia
              22. Chile
              23. Libya
              24. Czech Republic
              25. Romania
              26. India
              27. Japan
              28. South Korea
              29. Ukraine
              30. USA
              31. Canada
              32. UN
              33. Syria
              34. Egypt
              35. Iraq
              36. Iran
              37. Lebanon
              38. Russia
              39. Jordan
              40. North Korea
              41. Columbia
              42. Peru
              43. Nigeria
              44. Ethiopia
              45. Estonia
              46. Argentina
              47. Bangladesh
              48. Algeria
              49. Turkey
              50. Angola
              51. Mexico
              52. Uruguay
              53. Pakistan
              54. Bulgaria

As you`ve probably guessed, I haven`t got them in any order, and basically went through an atlas looking for countries to do. I`m shortly going to be adding Vietcong troops and several others.

BTW, does any know if there`s an official logo for the KFOR troops in Kosovo, so I can do a KFOR infantry icon?

Comment

Italy? If you are interested in italian modern uniforms, click here.

PS Apart of KFOR write on, no... but maybe I'm wrong. Checking now.
                [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited November 17, 2000).]
                "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Thanks for the link Prom. I`m updating the Italian infantry right now. I`ve also added a Vietcong infantry unit, plus Serbian infantry.

Comment

Working...
                  X