Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been trying to open any old pre-Complete saves with C3MT, so that's not behind any problems I was seeing (perhaps the only major one left is that filters don't work at all). The only biqs C3MT has access to on my machine are the conquests.biq I sent you and the scenario biqs, all from Steam's Civ 3 Complete.

Comment

• I'd recently been using a .8X version of C3MT, liked it, so thought I would download 1.12.6. Not able to get it to run, though, cannot locate C3MT.DLL. Tried uninstalling, running Eusing Reg Clean, reinstalling (no luck); downloaded again, uninstalled, ran Reg Clean, reinstalled (same). Funny thing is, REGSVR32 cannot seem to find the DLL either. Corrupt file? Tried also downloading from civfanatic with same results.
      Last edited by RandyFeral; April 15, 2012, 15:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by RandyFeral View Post
        I'd recently been using a .8X version of C3MT, liked it, so thought I would download 1.12.6. Not able to get it to run, though, cannot locate C3MT.DLL. Tried uninstalling, running Eusing Reg Clean, reinstalling (no luck); downloaded again, uninstalled, ran Reg Clean, reinstalled (same). Funny thing is, REGSVR32 cannot seem to find the DLL either. Corrupt file? Tried also downloading from civfanatic with same results.
        The dll should be installed side by side with the exe file. It is also contained in the small upgrade zip. What is your Windows version?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Here we go again. I've not updated the installer, only the small file.

- Fixed a crash when exporting scenario with cities that had zero culture
          - Added the possibility to view and edit governor settings for all cities. (I've not tested if the AI resets the preferences every turn, or if it actually is possible to change how the AI works in its cities.)
          - Fixed a crash when recalculation the FOW and units were seeing over the edge of the map.
          - Made it default to list dead players in the save game editor to reduce the risk of automatic reassignments of units to other nationalities.
          - Changed so that units of a nationality not in a list don't get the nationality of the previously selecteted unit
          - Fixed a few problems with filter functionality
          - Fixed some problems with loading vanilla Civ3 files without embedded rules from before 1.21f, after installing 1.21f or later
          - Improved handling of errors during version check
          - The is now a sort functionalit in the Rules organizer which can be used to sort Units, Resources, Buildings and Technologies on properties.

c3mt-1.12.7.rar

Comment

- Fixed saving of Conquests saves. (1.12.7 and 1.12.6 caused an DATA IO error WRLD during save)
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hi. I just downloaded Civ III complete from gamestop.com and I get a whole series of errors when I attempt to load my saved game. I could attempt to list them all, but the strangest one is "Not a Civ 3 save file".

Any tips? The Multi Tool always worked fine when I had the disk version but does not work for me with the downloaded version.

Comment

• request

Originally posted by Gramphos View Post
                - Fixed saving of Conquests saves. (1.12.7 and 1.12.6 caused an DATA IO error WRLD during save)

at first, thx for ur effort.

i asked for the language problem.
                as u fixed, it works well. but the names of all contents in save files are written in the korean, my mother tongue.
                so it is expressed just like '??? ???????' wtf...

with ur work, the numbers and englishes are showen properply, but my mother tongue is not how can i solve this problem?

Click image for larger version

Name:	like_it.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	9093878
                Last edited by gongdol; September 25, 2012, 01:35.

Comment

• Fired up Win8 and tried c3mt and get a splash loading error "fail (0).

Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid(339) at Startup 0
                  Last edited by vmxa1; April 5, 2013, 22:44.

Comment

• If I load the savegame, I only see the error "DATA IO error" and the savegame cannot be open. I use c3mt 1.12.8 with windows 7 (64-bit).

Did anyone have a solution for the problem?

Comment

• Vanilla Civ3: Multi Tool leads to DataIO operation Sytem Error: CULT

First of all, thanks for this tool and the effort made.

Unfortunately it's not working for my vanilla Civ3 1.29f patch.

I can read and write SAV files with your editor, however even the simplest file (4000 BC) can't be opened in Civ3:

DataIO operation Sytem Error: CULT

I have attached the original save file and the save file I did no changes to with the editor but only saved it back to disk:

Saves.zip

In theory these two should be identical, but they're obviously not. The original file is ~100KB whereas the C3MT file is ~2.5MB. (EDIT: I found out this is due to the missing compression.)

Here's the log:

s8.zip

I can help debug this (in theory).

(Gramphos) please help.

PS: using the same configuration as Monsterdog2k => C3MT 1.12.8 on Windows 7 (64-bit).
                      Last edited by kwutzke; May 21, 2015, 06:23.

Comment

Working...
                      X