Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you read the readme it says that only BIQs are supported from Conquests. saves requires a lot more work and will probably not be doon this side of Christmas.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

OK...I admit I'm a super newbie.

When I try to use the Unit Creation Wizard it creates the folder in the Art directory but it does not create the .ini file or any of the other necessary files and my game crashes each time it gets to the new unit.

I'm using regular Civ III 1.29f. Any help you could provide would be great.

Comment

I'll look into this in time. But will definately not doanything before the end of next weekend.

Comment

I get the same thing also, with 1.05. It does not recognize the save game file

Comment

I get the same message with BIQ files too.

Comment

I'll try it out on C3C..........

/fingers crossed.

Comment

is 1.05's UCW compatible with .biq files?
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                Odysseus and the March of Time
                I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
                  is 1.05's UCW compatible with .biq files?
                  No. I
                  ve not added the C3C options for units yet, so it's not compatible.

Comment

Well, I just gave it a shot and it seems to be working fine.

As a side not, someone at CFC came up with the idea of using spaces before and after unit names in order to have flavour units with what appear to be the same name. However, the UCW doesn't seem to support space characters in the pedia entry box. Supports it in the unit name box though
                    Up the Irons!
                    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

You cant use BIQ files on the unit creator thingy
                      "Hannibal, the troops bumbling about near Alexandria are stealing chickens and annoying our women. Remove them, please."- Cleopatra.
                      "Life is not life without death, and death is not death without life." - Me.
                      100% Antartican!!!!! 100% Civilization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Help me make my scenario-http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1347685#post1347685

Comment

zulu9812 claims to have done so. It's possible tht it's working, but you just don't get any new unitoptions.

Comment

Actually the UCW doesn't work with Conquests. You can add units to a .biq without the Multi-tool crashing, but you are unable to then open the biq.
                          Up the Irons!
                          Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Impossible to download the 1.04 patch.

The link takes me to some joetec.net adserver or such and gets stuck there.

Non-working link

The link is above.

/edit: hmm the link is not showing. maybe if i alter the url a bit

heresthelinkhttp://joetec.net/adserv/between3.php?User_Id=xxx&img=http://207.44.245.200/Apolyton-60.gif&height=60&width=255&url=http%3A%2F%2Fapolyton.net%2Fforums%2Fattachmen t.php%3Fpostid%3D2448689

/edit: the url is somehow bugged, poly wont show it ? i added "heresthelink" to the beginning of the url and copy pasted it above

Comment

Seems that the bug is in everything, all files i try to DL just go to theforbiddenurl://joetec.net/adserv/ and get stuck there. I'll report MarkG.

/edit: replaced http with theforbiddenurl since poly otherwise blocks the text

Comment

this is amazing theres diplomacy editing, very cool.

i tested it on a vanilla civ3 save file and C3MT seemed to work fine!

if i use it on a bic file, C3MT asks about a CCD file... anyone know what that is about or how to use it?

and do i understand right that eventually this is going to work with C3C as well?

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X