Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahm, hello folks!

I was unable to play Civ for a long time but now I'm back (again?).

Well, just wanna say that I just got Civ3 Conquests and that I just got Civ3 Multi Tool 1.10... let's see if it works fine here, cause I always seem to find bugs that no one did...

And, Gramphos, I see your Multi Tool does not have a portuguese version... if you (or anyone) should want it translated to this language, I'll be glad to do the job!

Anyways, see ya!
    Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• 1.10 Savegame issue

I noticed 2 issues last night while editing a savegame. I am currently running CIV III with the latest Conquests patch v1.22; BIQ Version 12.08.

I exported the map from a new save game. I opened the map in the Conquests editor and noticed the Player Starting locations were missing. I thought it may have been a setting issue with the editor but I reset the Player Starting locations and they appeared on the map albeit in their new locations.

The other issue I had was with Bonus Grassland. I modified the save game with the editor and added some Bonus Grassland tiles. I imported the map onto the original savegame, saved to a new savegame file and loaded the game. The Bonus Grassland tiles that I had added were not there. The only Bonus Grassland tiles that were there were the original from the unmodified savegame. All my other changes seemed to be there. I thought it may have been an issue with saving so I exported the modifed savegame map and opened in the editor. All my changes were still there including the Bonus Grassland.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks.

Comment

• Savegame Editor

Okay, Im using regular Civilization III with no Expansion packs or anything like that, When I open savegame editro everything seems to be working, exept when I try to open a saved game, When i do this the savegame editor does nothing, nothing at all it doest even have it opened it just stays the same (blank).

Can anyone help me? Aprreciate it.

Comment

• There is a problem with v1.07f

Try patching ot 1.29f if you haven't already.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Re: Changing citizens nationality test!!

Grampos can you please check this for me as I need to post such a saved game with cities nationality changed for my Red Front2 scenario to stop the AI from raising the players cities.

Please please!! File attached in original post(end page8)

Its Civ3 Conquests with the 1.22 patch (ie latest)

Originally posted by Colwyn
            Can someone confirm whether by using the cities tab in the 1.10 editor that they we are able to edit a saved game so that you replace some of your citizens nationalities to that of another?

If this works I belive it will be a method for scenario builders to eliminate the AI raising cities because it contains one of there own citizens. especially if you change assimilation chance to 0

I tired to add in a new foreign citizen but in ended up my own and when I tried to change a existing one to another nationality and save it, the editor crashed.

here is the file
            ---------------------------------------------
            Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Comment

• I don't have time to work on C3MT currently, but next time I have I'll look into the citizens on C3C.

Comment

• I get this weird error every time I start the Save Game Modifier.

Code:
                Can't find DLL entry point readPCX in c3mt.dll
                The program seems to work without problems (I use it with C3C), except that I can't load the terrain.

And then every time I close the program, I get this:

Code:
                Run-time error '453':
                Can't find DLL entry point freePCX in c3mt.dll
                What gives?

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• you have an old version of c3mt.dll

Comment

• Hmmm weird. I downloaded the full install

I must have missed an overwrite prompt, or something like that

Asmodean
                    Last edited by Asmodean; August 8, 2004, 11:30.
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Re: Re: Changing citizens nationality test!!

Originally posted by Colwyn
                      Grampos can you please check this for me as I need to post such a saved game with cities nationality changed for my Red Front2 scenario to stop the AI from raising the players cities.

Please please!! File attached in original post(end page8)

Its Civ3 Conquests with the 1.22 patch (ie latest)

Are you using locked alliances?

Comment

• Yes

Yes I am its Soviet vs Germany, Finland, Romania

Comment

• The ool does not yet handle them correctly in the SGE.

Comment

• Any chance for a fix in the next version?

Originally posted by Gramphos
                            The ool does not yet handle them correctly in the SGE.
                            Any chance for a fix in the next version?

Comment

• Depending on how mush time I can spend on investigating the saveformat before the next version is to be realeased. I'm ironing out some bugs with the BIC-handling system currently, and have rewritten a large part of the central code for handling the rules. The timeline for an updated version is very hard to set, but currently many areas are in need of being changed to the new (and final) BIC handling system for a working version to be produceable.

I had to remove some limits with the current system that's been in since the begining of the Copy Tool and not are very well handled.

Comment

• I am currently finding your tech placement tool to be awesome--for the ancient age. I see no documentation on how to place techs in the other three ages. Thanks

edit: don't I feel dumb. Just after I write this I double clicked on the background and it minimized, revealing a button to go to the next era

Comment

Working...
                                X