Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or if it was open source others could take it where no gramphos has gone before

Comment

• Maybe I'll have some time in summer to update this tool and fix some stuff. As for realeasing the source code I won't do that as long as I still am willing to work on the tool.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Can you tell me where in the .sav game files, the uncompressed ones, that the alliances data is kept? I have tried to use a hex editor in the GAME section I believe, where each civ is given an alliance number, but changing that does nothing that I can tell, in the game. Is there another location that designates the alliance members?
        Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

• The reason why it doesn'tsupport them is bacause I only know of the BIQ location of the alliances, and I believe that there is another spot as well. However, I don't have time to work on the savefiles these days.

(Today for example I've been working on a project 10 AM to 2 AM local time, and I'll have to go up in 4 hours.) I have absolutely no time to work on anything ont university related until june.

Comment

• hi ,

Gramphos , ones again you did it

what would we do without that tool , ......

just saying " thanks "

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• cant download...

when i try to download a new window just pops upp but it is just a blank white page... no error no nothing..???

Comment

• Try to disable any ad-blocking software. Aspecially the ad-blocking capabilities of Norton Internet Security

Comment

• Ok, having never looked at this thing before, I'm sure I'm asking huge repeat questions, but I must do so:

1) What is the advantage to using this as opposed to the official editor (i.e., what does it allow you to do the editor can't do)?

2) Is it compatible with C3C?

3) Does it require one to have any sort of proficiency as a computer person, which would immediately nullify my ability to use it effectively?

Thanks.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• 1) For scenarioeditiing on the same level as the editor C3MT offers ability to reorder units techs and buildings. (So that they appear in a more logical order in the lists in game) It also has a Tech tree editor, which currently only allows for moving around the techboxes over the tech background. Another feature is the Civilopedia editor which gives a more userfriedly way to edit Civilopedia than jumping on to the textfiles directly. Also for adding units the UCW may help you out with most of the steps needed. And if you have an old Civ2 map you want to use with Civ3 the mapconverter might save your day. The official editor has some other options not availible within this tool, and for best result you shall use them together.

The tool also has some other parts that is not for direct use on scenarios the way that they work with the game. For inctance the DimplomacyData editor allows the creation of extranal diplomacydata that (with another of my tools) might be applied to a 4000 BC savefile from a scenerio to set initial relations.

Another non scenario focused item is the SGE which allows you to edit your saves.

And of cource the CopyTool is still a psrt of thes. The CopyTool was created for the time when Units couldn't be added via the editor, and is'nt of mush use these days, but some people still find it useful to have a base to sart from when creation a new unit or building or whatever.

2) Partialy this is compatible with C3C. The DiplomacyData editng is NOT compatible, and the Sveediting is still very buggy with C3C. However the editing of BIQ files work well with C3C and the Mapconverter supports C3C terrain types.

3) Depends on what part of the tool you try to use. THe mapconverter and unit wizard is quite selfexplaining, while the CopyTool might be quite hard to understand. As for the SGE some parts are easier than others, but I'm not the right person to judge the usability of this tool.

Comment

• Hello all, Been a while since i last posted here... so forgive my ignorance... i tried looking through the posts as best possible to solve my prob but.. i typing so that explains what i found...

Im playing Vanilla Civ3 patched to 1.29f with DYP mod latest version 101r I can open the save file and add extra workers but when i save it crashes and I get the windows error report window and save file is playable but pre changes (expected) And now i dont have sound in Civ3 at all even on a new game ??

I e-mailed u the error log Gramphos.. hope u can help
                      Let loose the dogs of war!

Comment

• Check the sound preferences in civ3 options. It is possible that a savegame corruption may change the volume or mute a chanel.

Comment

• Umm yeah...that was my first thought. But that didn't do anything.
                          Let loose the dogs of war!

Comment

• Very strange. Never heard of sush error before.

Do you have that (corrupt) save that caused it?

Comment

• Heya Grampos,

Never really got into civ3 when it came out first. Now ive got civ 3 gold edition. Its version 1.27f i think. Whenever i try to run your save game editor, i can load a file fine and save it but the game crashes when i try to load the edited file. (at 51% each time). It doesnt seem to matter what i change to make this happen.

When i tried loading the save game in another editor (cedit032.exe - cant remember where i got it), it says "the file has been protected" and wont load it. When i try to load the save i edited with YOUR sge, it loads it fine.

Looks like civ3 gold is protecting the saves somehow?

thx

Comment

• Changing citizens nationality test!!

Can someone confirm whether by using the cities tab in the 1.10 editor that they we are able to edit a saved game so that you replace some of your citizens nationalities to that of another?

If this works I belive it will be a method for scenario builders to eliminate the AI raising cities because it contains one of there own citizens. especially if you change assimilation chance to 0

I tired to add in a new foreign citizen but in ended up my own and when I tried to change a existing one to another nationality and save it, the editor crashed.

here is the file
                                Attached Files
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.
                                ---------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X