Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Antrine
    Maybe I missed it, but can you turn the debug on and off of a 'saved game'? This would greatly assist testing.
    Not yet, maybe in a later version.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Thanks Gramphos, GREAT Work, much appreciated !!
      The Graveyard Keeper
      Of Creation Forum
      If I can't answer you don't worry
      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

• Re: Re: Can't download

Originally posted by Gramphos

The link works fine foe me, and the file is on the server. Do you have any other problems with downloads from Apolyton?
        I'm having the same problem downloading the full version - when I click on the link to download version 1.10, it pops up a regular browser window with web address
        "//joetec.net/adserv/between3.php?User_Id=253&img=http://207.44.245.200/Apolyton-60.gif&height=60&width=255&url=http%3A%2F%2Fciv3files.apolyton.net%2Futilitie s%2FC3MTfull.exe"
        and it just sits there.

(there's "http:" in front of the web address, but for some reason this message won't show the web address if I include that)

If I click on the link for the short version, my browser properly pops up a window asking if I want to download the file.

I also don't have a problem downloading from the Civranatics site, but unfortunately the 'full' version on that site is still 1.09.1.

This happens whether I'm using Internet Explorer or using Opera.

I'm using Windows XP Home operating system.
        Last edited by Jeannie; May 5, 2004, 13:03.

Comment

• Try to disable the any adblocking software in use (especiallt the adblocking features of Norton)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
            Try to disable the any adblocking software in use (especiallt the adblocking features of Norton)
            Thank you for your VERY quick reply (you replied before I had even editted my posting so it showed the web address).

Yes, that worked - after I turned off my Norton ad blocking, I was able to download the full version of Civ 3 Multitool version 1.10.

Comment

• In the tech tree builder, How do I move from age to age?
              "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

• Originally posted by CivGeneral
                In the tech tree builder, How do I move from age to age?
                Do you see the entire screen? (Resolution?)

If not try double clicking on the background.

You may also try large fonts in windows. There have been many problems with the indow sizing. There are supposed to be buttons in the bottom of the screen to bring you to anothher era.

Comment

• a wierd error i can't really explain.

on my win2k machine, everything of the SGE (1.10) works fine. strangely on my winXP notebook SGE crashes every second time. at the next load, he asks if i want to see the logfile and after that loads fine.

any idea?

i attached the logfile (renamed)
                  Attached Files
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Very strange. I have no idea right now. Does the other tools load fine?

Comment

• i actually don't load the other tools, but i'll try...

but just for v1.11, you could save the exception in the log-file. if you don't want people seeing it, you can always encrypt it

Comment

• The biggest problem with the C3MT source base is that I started adding error handling too late. Again a result of the lack of prediction how big it would turn. And realizing it too late. MAny parts of the base is in need of a total rewrite. Thus exceptions sometimes go beyond my control and won't be logged.

I'll se what I can do for upcoming versions, but I have a quite full schudle for quite some time and don't see any time available for working with this before june. And I'm sure I will have more fun things to do in the summer then coding...

Comment

• well, don't worry about this one. it loads fine every 2nd start, so i just lose 20secs.

i just wanted to report a possible bug (maybe it's really just my machine...)

Comment

• I apologize if I am asking a repeat question, but is there a way with this utility to remove or add a player from a locked alliance from the SGE?

Thanks.
                            Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

• wotan321:
                              No, and it is actually possible that games wth locked alliances won't work properly with the SGE.

Comment

• Gramphos sez:

No, and it is actually possible that games wth locked alliances won't work properly with the SGE.

Well that makes me sad..... how about putting that on your 347 page "to-do" list.....please.
                                Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

Working...
                                X