Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't load Civ3C savegames

Don't know if I'm doing this all wrong, but hope you can help me.

I've been trying to load a Civ3C (v1.22) savegame with the savegame editor to have a look at the map but every time I load start the savegameeditor nothing happens. If I instead load the and switch to the savegame editor from there I get a " runtime error '339' - Component RICHTX23.ocx not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid". I've tried searching for the file but its nowhere to be found.

Am I missing something here?
    Is the loading of Civ3C savegames not even implemented yet?

I'm running the game on WinXP pro

Skodkim

Comment

• I don't think the tool supports 1.22 yet
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

• Version 1.10 is posted in the first post, together with an updated full install.

I just did a half step back with the new functionalit and made the changes required to load C3C 1.22 files. I don't know when I'll make the new system go live, if I everr will. It's just to big parts of the core that has to be updated.

But if there ever are big changes to the BIC format again I think I will do the required changes.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Oh, and BTW, I still haven't had time to look at the compability issues with Vanilla Civ3 saves

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathwalker
            I don't think the tool supports 1.22 yet
            No, it did (the new full setup was uploaded before your post)

Comment

• huh... now in C3C with patch 1.22 there's new a file ('Art/Advisors/science_industrial_new.pcx') for science advisor in industrial era... i hope you know about it...

BUG found: in SGE each time you load a save, in the 'Civilizations' tab Eras seem to be added.

and... it wouldn't be a bad idea in TTB to show a progressbar when loading a scenario-file.

(CG)Mendax
              Last edited by Mendax; April 11, 2004, 16:56.
              Don't pack with zips, use Compressia or WinUHA!!!

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

• Install Problem

Gramphos,

I have downloaded version 1.10 already but when I try to install I get an error message that says, "Fatal error! Can't start Main installer (Error #2)!" and "Main installer not found"

I tried downloading it again but the same error appeared. Please help. Thanks. I really like the program.

Comment

• What OS are you using?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mendax
                    huh... now in C3C with patch 1.22 there's new a file ('Art/Advisors/science_industrial_new.pcx') for science advisor in industrial era... i hope you know about it...
                    Nope I've missed that. Sitll too mush to do except coding + coding project for school that has to get higher priority.

You may however change the filename it searches for in c3mt.txt just edit the line in the block
                    Code:
                    @BEGIN SCIENCESTRINGS
                    science_ancient.pcx
                    science_middle.pcx
                    science_industrial.pcx
                    science_modern.pcx
                    @END SCIENCESTRINGS
                    change science_industrial.pcx to science_industrial_new.pcx

(This only applies to C3C 1.22)

Comment

• Can't download

Hi

I've been trying to download the large fine (v1.10), but the link doesn't seem to work. Has anybdy had any success with it?

If I download the small file, I need to have version 1.0 installed (right?). but where do I find that (have searched the forum)?

Skodim

Comment

• multiTool

Hi, I have used several editors for CIV III and i am currently using the multitool V1.10 (afterdownloading the full version) and this has been the best that i have used atleast it allows me to edit the game i want.
                        However once i have altered and saved the game I can no longer play the game. I get the following message after it loads about 30% of the game. 'DataIO operations Sytem Error: CULT' after acknowlege it then reports 'ERROR CANNOT READ FILE - (then give the path to the game file) after acknownledging that error it takes me back to the main menu.

I am running CIV III version 1.29f with windows xp pro sp1 512mb memory, 40gb hard disk 34gb free, PIII 800MHz processor, 32Mb Vodoo III vidoe.

Any help to resolve this problem so that i can play the altered saved game would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                          What OS are you using?
                          I'm using Windows XP.

Comment

• Re: Can't download

Originally posted by skodkim
                            Hi

I've been trying to download the large fine (v1.10), but the link doesn't seem to work. Has anybdy had any success with it?

If I download the small file, I need to have version 1.0 installed (right?). but where do I find that (have searched the forum)?

Skodim
                            The link works fine foe me, and the file is on the server. Do you have any other problems with downloads from Apolyton?

Comment

• Re: multiTool

Originally posted by handles
                              Hi, I have used several editors for CIV III and i am currently using the multitool V1.10 (afterdownloading the full version) and this has been the best that i have used atleast it allows me to edit the game i want.
                              However once i have altered and saved the game I can no longer play the game. I get the following message after it loads about 30% of the game. 'DataIO operations Sytem Error: CULT' after acknowlege it then reports 'ERROR CANNOT READ FILE - (then give the path to the game file) after acknownledging that error it takes me back to the main menu.

I am running CIV III version 1.29f with windows xp pro sp1 512mb memory, 40gb hard disk 34gb free, PIII 800MHz processor, 32Mb Vodoo III vidoe.

Any help to resolve this problem so that i can play the altered saved game would be appreciated.
                              What did you edit, and do you have both the unedited and edited savefiles available. If I get time to examine them I wipp probably be able to fix the bug with myt tool.

Comment

• re multitool

Yes I have both files and i attach same herewith. I tried to edit the ownership of some of the town, increase the number of advance a civilization (roman) had.

Comment

Working...
                                X