Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everytime i try to save my edited file the editor chrases and asks if i want to send an error report? What do i do? So far i have only changed the retirement date is that possibly why??

Comment

• What is the game version you are working with?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by missilX
        Hey is it possible to add units to your all ready started game and if so how do you do it?
        Do you mean to the rules?

Comment

• Re: Problem With Saved Game Editor

Originally posted by nieves30
          Hello,

You made a very nice tool. I have a problem trying to save the edited games with your saved game editor. It crashes and doesn't save. I am running Windows XP Pro, using Civ III PTW expansion Ver. 1.04f. Here is the log file and the saved file. Thank you.

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=49366_LOG.zip
          I've hard to test the tool with early PTW versions, and it is possible that C3C changes have destroyed some backcompability.

Comment

• Hey Gramphos

Thanks for replying and so soon. I am running civ3 version 1.29f when the editor crashes. Also for when i asked about the units, i mean say im in a game and about to be attacked, i know i cannot win so is it possible to use your editor to give me units?

Comment

• There might be problems with vanilla Civ3. I'm looking into them for the next update, but there are many other tinhs to do, and C3Mt is nonly a spare time project.

Comment

• Just a short status update:

My newprototype has now formed, and is currently able to load the rules from all Vanilla Civ3 patches. I still have to define PTW and C3C files ans well as the entire map part of the files.

Anyone that have BIX files from all patch versions of PTW?

Comment

• The new BIC system prototype is now able to load any BIC/BIX/BIQ version completely, at about the same speed as the old, but with a lot more flexible backend. I'll try to stick it into C3MT before the next version, and depending on how the beta stage I'll enter then turns out and forms I'll see if I need to run dual branches while adapting all the code to work with the news system.

Once this system is in operation I can start working with other features again, and will be able to deal with changes in the bic format in a lot better way then before plus that my codebase will decrease in size, and some other benefits that I can't speak about yet since I don't know if I will use them, and if it will work the way I hope it will.

I would still like a set of different BIX/BIQ file versions to make sure all files are identified correctly.

If anyone even bothers to read this, and for some reason happen to have a copy of the different patchlevel civ3x.bix for PTW I could really use them

Comment

• i bothered reading it, but i don't have different patch levels

however, i do have patches 1.21 and 1.27 out of which you may be able to extract civ3x.bix (i can't, as neither winzip nor winrar can extract the data2.cab file)
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• 1.20 compability update will come in time...

At least within two weeks and a few days (until a weekend), but probably I'll have some time to do the very minor change I need to do to support the new saves in the same level as the old. (Actually the change is done, but I'm not in a state suitable for building right now)

Comment

• Gramphos;

Will the multitool ever be made to work with multiplayer save files? It would be nice to handicap players during year 4000 BC to balance out some of the games we're involved in where there are some folks who are newer to the game than others. Maybe this isn't something you were thinking of for your tool, but it seems like a better alternative than trying to create a scenario that locks people into a specific civ to get the handicap.

Comment

• The tool is not tested with MP, but does load the saves. You will need the administrative password to load it however.

Comment

• Sorry, I'm not sure I understand that response. "Administrative Password"?

Comment

• that probably means the password of the person who started/hosting the game. the main password to allow booting off players, changing settings, etc.

Comment

• I can't access V1.09.1!!!

This is my first post, so if I'm asking something wrong dont get mad at me O.K.?

Each time I try to open the editing program, it gives this response: Run-time Error '9': Subscript out of range.

Please, can someonemlet me know what file(s) I need to download/transfer?

Comment

Working...
                                X