Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The actual filenames it searches for is in the c3mt.txt
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I tried doubling clicking all over the place, still no change.
      It does NOT take up my entire screen, no matter what resolution setting I tried. I will try to reset to large fonts, then get back to you.

Comment

• OK, changed to Large fonts, got almost all of the screen. Then set my display from 1024x768 to 1152x864. I have the whole thing now. This works fine fo rme, I don't mind switching back and forth on screen settings.
        Thanx for the app!

(I am guessing it is written in VB? I am a VB developer myself, if I can be of help...)

Comment

• Does the aboutbox read 1.09.1?

Comment

• I don't get it. This code shall make the size the same independent of the fontsize setting.
            Code:
                Me.width = 1024 * (1 / iScaleFactor) * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX
                Me.height = Me.height + (768 * (1 / iScaleFactor) - Me.ScaleHeight) * Screen.TwipsPerPixelY
            And double clicking on the form does change iScaleFactor form 1 to 2 or 2 to 1.

The thing you describe sounds mush like the erron in 1.09

Comment

• Yes, it says 1.091. (BTW, you auto update works fine, because the first time I opened it, it asked for an update.)

Comment

• What OS are you using, and since you are a VB developer, can you test the size code posted with iScaleFactor set to 1 and see if it resizes correctly. I still don't understand why it isn't working.

Comment

• Currently using Win ME. Don't have VB at home, I'll have to see what I can do later. The Code LOOKS ok, and it re-scales fine when I am in the large screen mode- it shrinks when I double click. Coudl be a 'fluke' with Win ME.

Comment

• damn, i just lost my post before ;(

don't know if this is a bug, but for the tech beaker estimater i got a few wierd numbers just in a certain area:

on a small map --> tech multiplier 200 --> ancient age multiplier 100:

literature 116 (should be 100)
                    currency 186 (should be 160)
                    republic 326 (should be 280)
                    monarchy 279 (should be 240)
                    monotheism 479 (should be 720)
                    feudalism 373 (should be 640)
                    engineering 419 (should be 720)

all others seemed correct.

however, maybe i'm false with what i expect as the beaker calculator.

strange thing: all "wrong" ones have the factor of 0.58 or the double of it for medieval techs (1.16)
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• IIRC I didn't know of a way to konw if a civ was destroyed while making that calculation function, so it might show longer times than the actual times if civs has been killed.

Comment

• no civ had been destroyed until then and all other techs were calculated properly (ancient techs: 10* editor value, other techs 20*)

and about a dead civ: can't you check if each civ (except barbarians) has at least 1 city or 1 settler (or a "build-city"-capable unit)? or is that insufficient?
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Actually a civ being dead is somewhat different. I think I know how to find it but I've not tested it. I know how I can check what civs still are in the histograph.

I'll check the code.

Comment

• I've used your tool, with minimum difficulties with Civ3 and PTW. This is my first attempt at C3C. And, it's not looking too good.

At first I was editing the save to get what I wanted. Then after so many crashes I decided to try and figure out what specific edit may be causing the problem. But, it crashes even when I don't change a thing. Here's what I do to get the crash:

I load this save into the save game editor and then, without editing anyting, I save it with a differnet name. When I try to load it in the game I get the following errors as the game is loading up the save and is at the 38% point:

DataIO operation System Error: UNIT

DataIO operation System Error: IDLS
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Here's the file that your tool created. I had to zip it because it was 10 times the size of a normal save file.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• What is your C3C version?

Comment

Working...
                                X