Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 100-110...

Turn 101:
    Galis has improved the efficiency of his jack booted ... tax collectors, and as a result we are now getting even more cash.

Turn 102:
    The outpost has finished, and it has set forth for the planet labeled Vela. Soon the first HNSS will set foot on another world in another star system, and get to work building a barracks!

Turn 105:
    The outpost has landed on some god forsaken place called Vela, which is now serving as a fuel depot for the glorious space service.

The Robotics mining plant on Darlenia 1 was purchased at a cost of 185 billion credits, throwing that kind of money around should get me some votes...

Turn 106:
    Thanks to the outpost we have come into contact with some strange and repulsive rock people, they control 6 stars already, we(meaning you peons) have our work cut out for us.

Turn 107:
    This is looking grim, our scouts have located the first of the enemy's worlds, and it is already defended by an orbital station.

Turn 108:
    Our researchers have discovered Artificial Intelligence.
    Our non-existant spies can now use powerful computers and equipment to extract information from our foes.
    A scout lab may now be placed on each warship, adding to our research.
    And security stations can allow guards to sit at a desk and not defend the ship where as they used to have to patrol the corridors.

Positronics will be the next field of research.

A Rock destroyer has been spotted moving towards the silicoid world right on our boarder, this is bad news.

Turn 109:
    Several building's finished construction this turn, and the destroyer has not persued us back to our outpost. Some good news atleast.

Turn 110:
    A defensive instalation was completed by our homeworld.

What new challenges await us.

We have researched AI,completed more infrastructure, and found the Silicoids right next to us. The Sarka are also in this game.

I must have a ship design given our current technology:
    Shields:none Computer:Optronic top level
    Armor:Titanium Engine:Nuclear engine

Weapons:
    Nuclear Missiles,Nuclear bombs,anti-missile rockets,interceptors,death spores

Equipment
    BattlePods,Reinforced hull,heavy armor,scout lab,security lab,extended fuel cell,Troop pods.

Our tech path is called into question again, do we skip Computers for now and go for chemistry, or continue on and pray?
    We can have Tritanium in 2 turns at the latest.

The two colonies are a long way off of being research worlds.
    Attached Files

AI
    Attached Files

Comment

Outpost at Vela
      Attached Files

Comment

Purchase of the Robotics Mining Plant
        Attached Files

Comment

The Silicoids make their intentions known.
          Attached Files

Comment

Their star systems.
            Attached Files

Comment

The world that we must soon take or eliminate.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you have the hang of the screenies. I like to start up a spy or two as soon as I make contact when I am creative. I will press on to spy tech ASAP. I do not want them to get more than two free techs, if I can prevent it. SuperComps are a must to get the rest of the techs need to start the catch up.

Ships, at this point I am not going to even build one. what could you do with it, not much. We are not going to do well with missile ships with those to as neighbors. I say that as we will not be able to get enough shipping out to matter. I tend to use planetary defenses, until I can get some beamers (battleships).

Then it will be Hulls, any shields I have, pods, and nothing but mass drivers. Heavy mounts, until no more will fit, then maybe some PD weapons. No ecm, if I have stabilizer, I use it.

Comment

By the way, this is not hopeless, I've played ahead and am doing quite well.

Comment

I wonder what happen or rather what was suppose to happen to the game? I was hoping that more people would post their perspectives on what was done and what should be done and so on.
                    This would give us a chance to get some ideas form others and maybe incorporate some new ideas.
                    Anyway I glad it is going well.

Comment

I would like to see us taking over the supressed people of this leader, but I think we are not yet in any state for attacking.

And as vmxa1 mentioned, attacking with missile ships won't be really successfull.

Yes, add spies. Prevent those guys trying to steal our achievments ..............

And

Whoha
                      By the way, this is not hopeless, I've played ahead and am doing quite well.
                      DON'T DO IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean that is all the fun about............

For the moment I would suggest, let's try to outresearch them get a decent fleet and then let's rock'n roll

Comment

I'm going to not suggest anything in this poll because of that.

Comment

BTW I tend to not start making any battleships until it can be done in 16-18 turns.

Comment

I recall some strategy of having a bunch off empty, small scouts (cheap, easy to produce) might "raise" the "power" making us "look" stronger such that we might not be attacked. If true, is this worthwhile doing?

Also starting a BB may not be a bad idea, but we should time that so the level III shields & improved Mass drivers hit the turn or two before completion -- creating an awesome unit (for its time)

We started with the computer thouhgt, let's continue with it.

Yeah, better pop a few spies out.
                            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Originally posted by Old n Slow
                              I recall some strategy of having a bunch off empty, small scouts (cheap, easy to produce) might "raise" the "power" making us "look" stronger such that we might not be attacked. If true, is this worthwhile doing?
                              Yes you can decieve the AI into thinking you have more power with empty hulls. I am not fond of that as that is lost production, for a very poor production planet/race. If I were to do that, I will do it with battleship hulls. This because that is not lost production. I will be able to refit them later with some better stuff.
                              As long as we have Fighter Garrison, Missile Bases and Star Base, we will not lose the planet. Soon we will have Ground Batteries and some armor/shields and beams to handle any reasonable attacks.

If I do start to come under attack with this race, I will get by SubFarms and not lose much production/research while being blockaded. Eventually I will get enough shipping to fight back.
                              Here is where you can some times use cruisers with missiles to take down a ship here and there. I will build a CA (cruiser) and a Frigate (DE) and try to entice them to attack, instead of blockade. Now I can use my fast racks to launch my lastest mirvs and the DE to stay and trap them into getting plaster by planetary defenses.

Comment

Working...
                              X