X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC mentions Apolyton

BBC sites Apolyton and CTP code release

Congrats to the proprietors!
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Oh hell, we're gonna get Slashdotted.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Not bad.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

" as Activision has removed all comments from the 1.8m lines of code just in case any of its developers words prove libellous or damaging. "

st_swithin!
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Excellent
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Wow, we are getting somewhere
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Burp...

Oh... I mean... great

Saluti
                "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                The trick is the doing something else."
                — Leonardo da Vinci
                "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

Call to Power is an updated version of the classic computer game Civilisation that Activision long ago stopped supporting and selling.
                  is it just me or is this totally wrong...first it is not a update and secondly my own opion is that ctp is if you compare it with civ and civII...but anyways...
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I liked CtP, never got CtP II.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I have no idea where I can find CtP2. I'm not even sure it was distributed in France.
                      Too bad we have to own a copy of the game fr the source to work
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

great.

i didn't like ctp as much as i hoped, and i liked ctp2 more than i expected.
                        B♭3

Comment

I thought the article was slightly inaccurate .. but what the hell, its Apolyton on the BBC web page .. Thats a real achievement for MarkG and co, and all who got the CTP2 code .. well done !
                          "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

They need a better spellchecker; they misspelled 'civilization.'

Comment

woohoo!

we're superstars!
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X