This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DDowell
    I also fiddled around with the warnings a bit. But my target was to remove them altogether in order to get to the errors fasters

Have you checked the project settings carefully? Any /WX must be replaced/removed (exchange X for 0,1,2,3.. depending on warning level).
    Yep, I even searched the project file for the string "/W4" and there weren't any occurances. There were plenty of /W3, as expected...

You say you cant get around it by replacing the .dsw? That's strange.
    It's beyond strange, it seems totally impossible - either it is passing a compiler option that isn't specified anywhere, or the compiler is doing things that it shouldn't, or I am going totally insane. I don't know which of these is worse... I was hoping it was some kind of well known bug with Visual Studio, but it doesn't seem to be...
    Last edited by J Bytheway; October 31, 2003, 12:28.

Comment

UNITS and MILLISECONDS are defined in DXMedia/Classes/base/reftime.h. If you are getting those errors, you probably don't have DXMedia set up properly. Make sure you do it exactly like I said in my last post.

I suspect your link errors are a related problem, those look like DXMedia or DirectX functions to me.
      Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

Well, I fix that problem (UNITS/MILLISECONDS) but
        now I get a link error.

Code:
        display.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xGetSystemMetrics@4
        display.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _xGetMonitorInfo@8
        Any suggestions to why the linking fails?

GetSystemMetrics are defined "in" winuser.h which is included in windows.h
        When I get these errors, in particular errors containing LNK2001, then I use the delete command of all files that were privously compiled. It happens often when I compile and compile again a project with little changes in between. Maybe there is a better way of doing it especially if you consider the size of the project. The option that does deletion for you should be found in the menue beside the Project menue entry, maybe it is called in the English version Compiling or something like this and it is the fifth entry of that sub menue in the German version it is called Bereinigen and I didn't find a good translation for it maybe delete.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Hmm... I seem to have recovered from the warning level problem by installing a fresh version of the CTP2 source. I hope that I never see the problem again...

It will take me a while to repeat my previous progress now, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            ...Compiling or something like this and it is the fifth entry of that sub menue in the German version it is called Bereinigen and I didn't find a good translation for it maybe delete.
            -Martin
            It is called 'clean'. Unfortunately, it doesn't help.

In regard to Mr. Ogre's comment, this is what my project settings look like:
            Code:
            Include:
            G:\PROGRAM\DXSDK\INCLUDE
            G:\PROGRAM\DXMEDIASDK\INCLUDE
            G:\PROGRAM\DXMEDIASDK\CLASSES\BASE
            g:\Program\Microsoft\Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE
            g:\Program\Microsoft\Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE
            g:\Program\Microsoft\Visual Studio\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE
            Library:
            G:\PROGRAM\DXSDK\LIB
            G:\PROGRAM\DXMEDIASDK\LIB
            g:\Program\Microsoft\Visual Studio\VC98\LIB
            g:\Program\Microsoft\Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\LIB
            The library order doesn't seem to matter as far as the link is concerned.
            So much to do in so little time...

Comment

Did you copy the libraries from the DX and DXMedia directories into the CTP2 source directory?

Comment

Finally!!!! It compiles!

Seems like my linking problem was due to the inclusion of multimon.h in display.h instead of in display.cpp.
                After I included it in display.cpp (and display.h) the linking went fine!

(Does this imply that display.h is not defined properly?)

Comment

Finally!!!! It compiles!
                  That a boy!!!

This is good news, certainly there is work to be done, but it so awesome watching the progress that you guys are making.

Comment

So, feel like posting a revised list of stuff to be done to make the thing compile?
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

So, feel like posting a revised list of stuff to be done to make the thing compile?
                      See Mr Ogre's post. That worked for me.

Quite odd to see DDowell had so many other problems, I didn't have any of those (and from the looks of it, neither had John or Mr Ogre). Maybe that has something to do with some DevStudio 6 settings or something?

Edit: nm, I overlooked one of Mr Ogre's posts. Makes sense if those are a DirectX setup problem on DDowell's behalf...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I am still getting weird file missing errors. I am missing some source files, which are no longer there. And weren't even when I reinstalled the source. WTF.

Comment

Can you post them? (The errors, not the files, obviously )
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            Can you post them? (The errors, not the files, obviously )
                            missing ctpdbg.h

Looked, couldn't find it, just ignored it while I worked on other errors, and then went to bed. Any ideas?

Comment

The file y.tab.c was missing for me. Oddly, now, though, it's not.

I have installed a fresh copy of source again, and am currently compiling it after having followed Joe's instruction. The files aren't showing up as missing.

Then, though they did... and they weren't in the folders, really.

Comment

Oh, goody!

It compiles but now I get a lot of Assertion errors!
                                The ones in MapPoint.cpp is strange but can be commented out, the trouble is when I exit the game. It spawns hundreds of assertion failures!

Of course, I can still compile and play the game so it isn't all bad

Comment

Working...
                                X