Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Apolyton Call to Power 2 Source Code Project: Welcome and Download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apolyton Call to Power 2 Source Code Project: Welcome and Download!

Enjoy

just over 8MB

and the readme
    Last edited by MarkG; October 28, 2003, 15:50.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

I AGAPO YOU MARKOS!!!!

Thanks Activision!

arty:

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

dfgiojdfgoiisdjnfg

w00t!
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Surely a News Item needed
        "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Hooray! Downloading at this very moment .

Comment

Cool
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

First impressions - it's nicely packaged, and stuff, and seems to include really everything that we will need... at least a ton of files is there .

No comments in the main game source indeed.

And many files are called "c3" something. Quite fun .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Have you read the liscense carefully? It's quite frightening, especially things like:

You agree not to solicit, initiate or encourage any proposal or offer from any person or entity to create any New Game Materials for commercial distribution. You agree to promptly inform Activision in writing of any instances of your receipt of any such proposal or offer.

So if anyone says "Hey, we could sell this." we all have to write a letter to Activision...

Comment

I guess I'll need to download the source this weekend and get myself refamiliar with it.

Pyaray

Comment

Hmmm... A total of 209 folders with 2632 files. I can tell this is going to be complicated (as if we didn't know already ). There's CVS folders everywhere too, but since I know nothing about CVS I don't know what they're doing.

Comment

Imminent came fast.
                      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

If you don't have CVS installed (and even if you do) I think it's safe to delete all the CVS folders. There should be one CVS folder (with 3 files in it) in each project folder.

Pyaray

Comment

Well, I've successfully opened the workspace in MS Visual Studio 6 (It took an a long time to open, though), but I get an unspecified error on the very first file if I try to build it. I was at least hoping for some slightly more explicit problem...

Comment

My mistake, actually it did say what the error was - not a very surprising one:

\ctp2_code\ui\aui_common\aui.h(56) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'reftime.h': No such file or directory

Glancing at aui.h, this looks like its something to do with DirectMedia, which the readme said would be missing. Ho hum.

Comment

something to always keep in mind

If you decide to make available the use of the New Game Materials created by you to other gamers, you agree to do so solely without charge.

New Game Materials may be created only if such New Game Materials can be used exclusively in combination with the retail version of Call to Power II. New Game Materials may not be designed to be used as a stand-alone product.
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X